If you're a producer you NEED this FREE Gmail Extension

paplo

Whatup yall, figured i'd contribute a little something since i've picked so much up here over the years.

If you're a music producer, or any other type of musician who spendhours & hours submitting their music to clients, A&R's etc. through email, you should find this helpful.

You can now track who opens your emails. You can even track if they open them by phone (+get exact location) or PC. If someone opens an old email from you & listens to a beat you may have sent, you will know, and you will have the opportunity to engage with the potential client (send him/her more material).

It can be extremely disheartening spending hours upon hours submitting music without getting any kind of a reply, so simply being able to KNOW for a fact that the A&R/artist/client is going back to your email, playing your beats repeatedly, is extremely rewarding in itself.

There are multiple Gmail extensions that let you do this, but the one i found the easiest to manage is ''Streak for Gmail''.
If you google ''Streak for Gmail'' you'll find their official website + a link to the Google Chrome Webstore. You can add the extension to your browser directly from the webstore for free.

This may be old news to some of you, but it definately wasn't to me. This has helped me tremendously, and i hope it will help some of you aswell.

- Best of luck!

I use streak for my artist account as well as the record label and it is quite complex.

Shortly put, its layout is based around excel / spreadsheet. If know the ins and outs of that, this is a quick learn. The biggest advantage is that it is in a e-mail client itself and is very versatile provided you have set it up properly.

I recommend watching the video series at Youtube. What they offer is so complex you do want to see this as video to make any sense of what to do.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHfaW2ql2oR4vjZvgkwicCw[/video]

Back