I can't produce...

Slimdrizzy28

Long story short i bought a lot of equipment for my home studio. Turns out i really don't like making beats but i love making melodies. Any advice?

Long story short i bought a lot of equipment for my home studio. Turns out i really don't like making beats but i love making melodies. Any advice?

Just ship to me whatever you don't want. :D I am serious lol.

You don't necessarily have to make beats. Alot of great music is just instruments.

I would always recommend getting to know any equipment you buy before moving on to something new. Spend some time with individual bits and pieces and figure out what suits you/doesn't suit you. If you've realised your not into making beats, then perhaps spend some time with the more melodic based equipment you own.

This is normal man, dont feel too bad

A lot of people specialize in one thing, be it producing music, songwriting, mixing + mastering or just making melodies

Im sure you can find people who may want help with melodies around the forum or if you need help with some production you can visit my website where I do a bunch of things

Producer DOT com

I was the same way, but I had to eventually learn... you can just get into melodic music genres and that would help too (if you like it of course).

Back