How To Past Writer's Block

BlinkinBeatz

How To Past Writer's Block

Hey again, here is a little tip for you today on how I get past writer's block and how you can too:

- Have a Solid Song Idea

Hum, beatbox, sing or whistle your idea into your phone, computer or recording device. Then use that idea for your song and simply make it a reality. ( I do this a lot nowadays)
Make sure you save it, so later you can translate it. For lyrics, most of the time you want to have your vocal melody already done by rapping or singing gibberish and afterwards figure out the words that go with it.

- Don't Deviate From Your Idea

Once you recorded your idea and saved it, you want to translate it. Make it a reality now. Avoid adding way too much to your song, that wasn't meant to be in it. If there are only two instruments in your idea, you don't have to add 5 extra and ruin the song. Now sometimes, though, expanding your idea is a good and viable option.

- Have The Skills To Make Your Idea A Reality

To make your idea real, you have to know how to do it. So get better and practice writing lyrics, free-styling or whatever you have to do to make a great song. Repetition is the mother of skill. So keep at it.

Thank you for tuning in, have a great rest of the day,
Timothy (BlinkinBeatz)

Check out my Twitter:
https://twitter.com/blinkin_beatz
Check out my Blog: BlinkinBeatz
My Beat Selling Website: TRAKTRAIN. Invitation Only

Last edited:
These are bad ideas either. For me, I usually just go improv a bit on my keyboard for a while, usually helps a lot :)

Back