How to effectively mix on headphones!

Hrodulf

MOT: Sonarworks
Hey guys!

We've been very busy recently with churning out hopefully helpful articles about how to get decent mixes on cans.

Here's what we've cooked up so far!

Can You Mix Effectively On Headphones?

Learn How to Create Mixes with Headphones That Translate

How to Make Panning Decisions in Headphone Mixing

Take a gander and maybe there's something new for you as well! If something's wrong, tell me right away so, I can make corrections and not make the same mistakes in future articles. Heck, tell me if they're too sell-ey, or if you just hate the font. I'm new at this, so critique is more than welcome!

Cheers!

I also have a pair of Sennheisers and they are great for the initial mix. Levels, adding compressors, etc. But i always do the final mix on monitors to make sure all the sounds are coming through like I want them too. Thanks for the articles they were a great read.

Headphones just don't cut it. Monitors and good room treatment is always best

Headphones don't cut it unless you've got the knowledge and the ear. Example: Skrillex and Flume. These cats are regularly mixing on their headphones and they still release hot tracks

Thx to sharing it with us, you know what, I'm sure you can mix with anything if you know enough your gear and you got reference track.

Come on bro you can't even hear 400hz good on a headphone ....seriously:(, check this out
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...5-up-custom-exclusives-phat-mix-65-up-523476/

also: https://soundcloud.com/keep-movin-ent

You must have shit headphones then. I can hear 50hz well on my sennheisers so stop talking about what you dont know. You just have to train your ear which takes time and you have to know your equipment.
Learn before you post stuff that could mislead new guys. Im not saying that you dont need monitors but for 6 months when i first started i used headphones to mix and the mix is still clean even through expensive monitors.

please my brother let me hear one of your mix or what you consider a mix cause if you can hear the discrepancies at 50hz on your headphone (could be any) u should be up in Sony Studio bro, let me hear something u mixed right now

Last edited:
Still waiting on you to post something you've mixed on your sennheiser bro
leave an example 4 us to feed back on, cause im sure u tone deaf 4 making a broad statement like that, don't you know headphones are used in the studio for reference, u gotta face reality

I have nothing that i mixed only on headphones. All im saying is that when you start out, if you know your gear, you can get a pretty clean mix only on headphones. Now as i said before, i mix first on my headphones then through my monitors to make it perfect.

Back