How did you come up with your Producer Name

MarkySoliloquy

Well,
I was thinking about the name Dynamic Bandit but not sure it's dope enough. I want to change my name lol.

How did you come up with your name?

Dance + Frankenstein
Sadly it's not that "unique" because there's a festival or something if you type dancenstein on web search (and also a song by samuel malm)

Also i changed name 4-5 times.

I still want to change my name. I chose "Yellow Liar" because:
1. I'm Asian, so "yellow"
2. If you put "Yellow Liar" as an acronym, it can become "YLIA", which was an acronym for one of my favorite animes, Your Life In April
3. I feel like I've lied a lot in my life
4. I feel like recently, I've been lying cowardly to avoid conflicting situations.

I wanted to change it to Dr. J since my first name starts with J, but two of my friends were giving me shit for it sounding too basic or something. idk

mosley's behind the name of a british fascist, some motor related dude, and probably someone else cool.

why not

I developed tinnitus, which is also called 'phantom noise' and was watching an episode of Venture Brothers where the characters kept referring to a "Phantom Spaceman" and I had an aha moment. So I took all of that and combined it with my love of noir movies and being African and thus came with the name Vantum Noir

I was trolling on youtube and someone called me a (I am not saying it) and I liked it enough so I am using it. No, it is not my username.

Last edited:
names ray, probably got it from razor ramon and it just stuck with me so i threw dj before it when i used to dj on radio etc. just spelled it different

Wordplay of my name: [Karamitros George ---> Kara + Geo (+Zis) = karageozis] and a popular entertaining act character in my homecountry. Now i'm thinking of changing it to "Purple Geo" because it sounds cooler and i like the color.

Last edited:
I had the nickname Fiber for the longest time and when I was trying to figure out a producer name my friend suggested Kidd Fiber. It took me several months to come up with it and i'll probably change it sometime in the future. Don't stress over it trust me it will come. Just focus on your music until you come up with a catchy name.

just put my name and last name chopped together. i'm happy to see it's unique since it's linked with my name :D

Needed something that can represent more than 1 genre, thought of the music like a chapters in a theater, each chapter different genre, so yeah stupid shits like that and I came up with 7thAct

I had the nickname Fiber for the longest time and when I was trying to figure out a producer name my friend suggested Kidd Fiber.

This is the way it should be. Names are given. Or earned.
NoGuru isn't the name I produce under. My 'producer name' was given to me when I was about 13 by my mates.

Random words put together.
Started off as nervekong.
then changed it to konkosskang when I came here.
Entirely tinted on twitch.
GoseiOgun though Is my perma alias on the orange cloud.

I used to name myself Murky Waters until I got infected with West Nile disease. I lost 120 lbs and doctors said I had 2 weeks to live. I was literally a skeleton. I mustered up all the energy I had left and prayed to God. The next morning, I woke up to find my parents and the first thing I said was "I'm hungry", it was like I never was sick, doctors were baffled and tested me to find no trace of the sickness.

A month later I made an album on cassette called ILL GREEN and was about my battle with the disease. The people thought I was ILL GREEN and everywhere I went they knew me as ILL GREEN, I didn't bother to say "no, I'm Murky Waters" because they bought the tapes already so I just rolled with it and stuck ever since.

The name ILL GREEN, however, was when I was playing a Mathematics track and he rapped "listening to Al Green" but I thought he said Ill Green and at the time there was no one or album with that name so I thought it would be cool to name my album with it.

True story.

My real name is Eric Gross.

Epsilon is the Greek letter for E and 144 is the value of a "gross" (a dozen dozens). So E Gross, or Epsilon-144.

Mine came from me having dreads. Then I elaborated on how music is pretty much the key to the universe. I'm the lock because the music flows through and unlocks untapped potential to manifest through sounds.

This is the way it should be. Names are given. Or earned.
NoGuru isn't the name I produce under. My 'producer name' was given to me when I was about 13 by my mates.

yeah, there seems to be a lot of this...but also artistic reworks of somebody's real name.

Nasaj Thing (Nosaj is his real name Jason backwards)
2pac
Epsilon-144 lol
Amon Tobin and Mike Gao just use their real names,
etc..

but ya, the other majority of ppl say a name has to be given...either way lol

...And if it's completely unique, it is a hell of a lot easier to find. ;)

Last edited:
Tough Question

I dunno man, it's difficult. At first I was stupid names like Cheetor or Wobblefett. Then I was Johnblaze beats for the biggie smalls track reference. Now I'm Peter Brunner. None of them are that good. I'm hoping eventually something comes out of the woodwork and sticks.

Back