How did you come up with your Producer Name

So my last name ended with ski and I was putting a period down in sentence i was writing when I thought of ski. So thats when I thought of Skidot lol

I always loved the character Shiva from the Final Fantasy games. I looked more into the mythology behind the name and in many ways, Shiva is the God of destruction. I flipped it backwards to create Avihs, so to me that stands for creation rather than destruction.

I just used my last name! I've always had a hard time expressing myself (and care way too much about other peoples opinion). If you are like me, there is definitely a freeing feeling by just using your real name. Not for everyone but I love it.

I used to be a gamer for pretty much my whole life, so I decided to just go with an acronym of the gamer tag I have used for so many years :).

My thing with producer names, just go with a name that other people think is cool, and go with something that fits your personality.

From an internet marketing perspective; go with something that isn't taken on social media or that isn't taken (domain).

Not very original, my name is Matt and I looked on Google with things starting with Matt-... Here I am Mattocks.

I mashed two words together. Submetric: "Sub" because I love sub basses and "metric" because it is a nice word ;) I do use a lot of sub in my tracks so it is kind of a way to indicate that the music I make is sub-related, or a "metric" of that style of music, if you will.

For my EDM project I've chosen Make A Wish. That's simple, I took this phrase on a post from a blog I like to read.

I took the name Mozex because when I was very young and tried to do rapping a bit. I thought of myself of bringing my people togheter with the music I made. Since Mozes did the same thing but not with music and I am a Christian I made Mozex of it. Still use it now that I have gone into making music.

One of my producer names is D.O.C.U., which is derived from Comuno Domini, a name which I thought of and thought about using for a Hard Techno song I was making (never finished it).

Comuno Domini, well, sure, Domini... (I think we all know, for instance, "Anno Domini").
And you see, I love history, so it does have something to do with that. And the word "Comuno," I just thought it sounded cool, and afterwards I realized it's similar to "Community," so yeah, all these communities in history, B.C. and A.D. ...), so I decided to keep it.

Last edited:
My Producer name is actually 'Pcg Marco' but I came up with Marco Boomin as an alias for my ps4 online name.. people I knew just started saying "Marco Boomin want some more" so I kinda ran with it

Mine comes from me hosting Cypha rap battles in school, then by big bro said I was like the moon leading my peps to the light out of the darkness. Wu tang was big back then so I put it all together to form Cypha Da Moonchild.

This is literally how I did it lol
I wanted something simple that originated from my name. I came up with No Jonre and it didn't stick. Around this time I worked at a place where I got the nickname J Heart so I kinda just lazily ran with that because EVERYONE started calling me that shit and I wanted to put some kinda effort into it lol so I added the .dot. in place of a regular dot (extra... I know)

Jonathan Hart
J. Hart
Jay.dot.Hart

Wish everything else in life was this easy lol

Back