Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you come up with your Producer Name

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I was working at a popular music store and 1 of the members from Goodfellas the movie came in.

You ou may remember him. He was Maury. ""Maury wigs don't come off, even in hurricane winds"

Well..... I tell him my name, and put my hand out to shake his. He says "Hello Jimmy" I told him my name wasn't Jimmy. But he kept calling me Jimmy. So I kept the Jimmy and I just added the Conway for extra flavor.

Thanks
    I took my middle name which means creative and I used the Word Sine as in Sinewave as my last name because thats the brand and vibe of my tracks. Jermaine Sine

Thanks
    I'm the thread starter and just want to thank everyone who posted in this thread over the months.

im stuck and maybe you guys can help me.

The names I'm considering are Jonny Avalon, Freddy Funk, Jimmy Storm, Tony Metaron, Johnny Goodshoes, Johnny Goldshoes and Tony Steele.

im thinking about a name that could double as a rap name or else I would have went with funkzilla or Black Smith.
    Last edited by MarkySoliloquy; 12-06-2016 at 12:12 PM.
    Hello World

Thanks
    What is your real name? You could go with that as a rap name. Tony Steele would be dope but there is already a Tony Starks which is Ghostface's alter ego.
    "Rap is only one end of a whole spectrum of verbal play and virtuosity. Rap is geared for aural pleasure." Rita Dove

"Talent is pursued interest." Bob Ross

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OGBama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OGBama View Post
    What is your real name? You could go with that as a rap name. Tony Steele would be dope but there is already a Tony Starks which is Ghostface's alter ego.
    Well I'm not comfortable with saying my real name on the forum but I might just go with Tony Steele then. Thanks.
    Hello World

Thanks
    OP, have you always had an interest in rap? If so please know the overabundance of rappers is due to the Internet democratizing music in all genres, and if you have a real interest please practice your craft and learn the history of the genre and the eras of it.

Don't rap 'cause you wanna pull women, get money and other clichés regarding Hip Hop no longer impressive to mature die-hard and/or casual rap fans.

Know that the genre has many pioneers but Bambataa gets too much credit as Hip Hop did not start in the Bronx.
    "Rap is only one end of a whole spectrum of verbal play and virtuosity. Rap is geared for aural pleasure." Rita Dove

"Talent is pursued interest." Bob Ross

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OGBama View Post
    OP, have you always had an interest in rap? If so please know the overabundance of rappers is due to the Internet democratizing music in all genres, and if you have a real interest please practice your craft and learn the history of the genre and the eras of it.

Don't rap 'cause you wanna pull women, get money and other clichés regarding Hip Hop no longer impressive to mature die-hard and/or casual rap fans.

Know that the genre has many pioneers but Bambataa gets too much credit as Hip Hop did not start in the Bronx.

Brother you Pm'd this to me but what do you think of the names I picked out. Not sure Tony Steele is the one to go with.
    Hello World

Thanks
    I killed a producer and took his name.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hollandturbine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i kept it simple. dmac beats, d is the first letter of my first name davina, mac is the first syllable of my last name but with a "a" added since its mcintyre

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dmac1122 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i do 56 because my birthday is 5/6, and i was 5'6" when i thought of it lol
    Rap/EDM Producer. My Soundcloud:
    https://Soundcloud.com/56john

Thread Information