Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you come up with your Producer Name

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I had the nickname Fiber for the longest time and when I was trying to figure out a producer name my friend suggested Kidd Fiber. It took me several months to come up with it and i'll probably change it sometime in the future. Don't stress over it trust me it will come. Just focus on your music until you come up with a catchy name.
    Soundcloud.com/nickfiber for the hottest beats

Thanks
    just put my name and last name chopped together. i'm happy to see it's unique since it's linked with my name

Thanks
    Needed something that can represent more than 1 genre, thought of the music like a chapters in a theater, each chapter different genre, so yeah stupid shits like that and I came up with 7thAct

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KiddFiber View Post
    I had the nickname Fiber for the longest time and when I was trying to figure out a producer name my friend suggested Kidd Fiber.
    This is the way it should be. Names are given. Or earned.
    NoGuru isn't the name I produce under. My 'producer name' was given to me when I was about 13 by my mates.
    I'm all about that boombap.

Thanks
    Random words put together.
    Started off as nervekong.
    then changed it to konkosskang when I came here.
    Entirely tinted on twitch.
    GoseiOgun though Is my perma alias on the orange cloud.

Thanks
    I used to name myself Murky Waters until I got infected with West Nile disease. I lost 120 lbs and doctors said I had 2 weeks to live. I was literally a skeleton. I mustered up all the energy I had left and prayed to God. The next morning, I woke up to find my parents and the first thing I said was "I'm hungry", it was like I never was sick, doctors were baffled and tested me to find no trace of the sickness.

A month later I made an album on cassette called ILL GREEN and was about my battle with the disease. The people thought I was ILL GREEN and everywhere I went they knew me as ILL GREEN, I didn't bother to say "no, I'm Murky Waters" because they bought the tapes already so I just rolled with it and stuck ever since.

The name ILL GREEN, however, was when I was playing a Mathematics track and he rapped "listening to Al Green" but I thought he said Ill Green and at the time there was no one or album with that name so I thought it would be cool to name my album with it.

True story.

Thanks
    My real name is Eric Gross.

Epsilon is the Greek letter for E and 144 is the value of a "gross" (a dozen dozens). So E Gross, or Epsilon-144.

Thanks
    Mine came from me having dreads. Then I elaborated on how music is pretty much the key to the universe. I'm the lock because the music flows through and unlocks untapped potential to manifest through sounds.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mNoGuru View Post
    This is the way it should be. Names are given. Or earned.
    NoGuru isn't the name I produce under. My 'producer name' was given to me when I was about 13 by my mates.
    yeah, there seems to be a lot of this...but also artistic reworks of somebody's real name.

Nasaj Thing (Nosaj is his real name Jason backwards)
    2pac
    Epsilon-144 lol
    Amon Tobin and Mike Gao just use their real names,
    etc..

but ya, the other majority of ppl say a name has to be given...either way lol

...And if it's completely unique, it is a hell of a lot easier to find.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 07-10-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks

Tough Question

I dunno man, it's difficult. At first I was stupid names like Cheetor or Wobblefett. Then I was Johnblaze beats for the biggie smalls track reference. Now I'm Peter Brunner. None of them are that good. I'm hoping eventually something comes out of the woodwork and sticks.

Thread Information