FL Studio users

G0DZGiFT

JussM3L0
I used to be on FL Studio years back and then my computer fried but now I'm back. I'm trying to figure out how to sample in Slicex. I just started chopping my own samples up. I used to just throw a loop in slicer and auto slice but now I'm trying to do more than just loops, I'm tryna sample pieces from the entire song. Whenever I chop a beat or two beats or a bar or whatever and then dump it from Slicex, it's never the exact length it should be. Is there any way to time stretch in Slicex? I'm going for that MPC feel. Any help would be truly appreciated. Thank you.

This may not quite be the answer to your question, but its an alternative to Slicex when I feel too lazy to match up bpms:

Drag your loop into the playlist and stretch it to the appropriate number of bars using the sampler. I then chop it up manually in the playlist using the slice tool and arrange them in the manner I want by simply dragging with the mouse. You can also export the individual regions from the playlist and place them back into slicex and define your regions so you can use your keypad or midi device to play out your pattern.

It is also important to slice your loop properly in the first place or timestretching will do you no good. Follow the transients in the song as they generally follow the rhythm (drums and such). They will help you find the general area where your markers should be placed in slicex so you can get that perfect 4 beat loop for example. Make use of the loop button (infinity symbol) when placing your markers. You will know that your loop is perfect when it "feels" right. That is, it doesn't start too early or end too late. Chopping samples is a feel more than a technical thing in my opinion. Use your inner drummer and you will yield amazing results.

Happy sampling :)

Last edited:
Thank you. Also, you know how the 90's hip hop had the horns fade out? Is there a way I can spread one chop out with 16 different velocities or use a delay?

Thank you. Also, you know how the 90's hip hop had the horns fade out? Is there a way I can spread one chop out with 16 different velocities or use a delay?

I'm not sure I fully understand you. But I would go with the delay. Adjust the delay interval until it "feels right". Most delay plugins would count their intervals in beats and be synchronized with your DAW's bpm. So its just a matter of counting the "echos" in your head as the beat plays. The feedback setting on delay plugins determines how quickly the "echos" fade away. A higher feedback gives a longer tail. But different plugins will react differently to a change in the settings so you may have to play around with available delay plugins until you get what you are looking for.

I Believe You Can Use The Envelope Editor From Within Slicex To Edit The Tempo Of The Sample, There Are A Few Tutorials On Youtube That Go In-Depth On The Features Of The Slicex Plug-in.

Back