FL Studio questions answered.

SFTRAXX

West Coast Rap Producer
Whats good FP!

If any of you have questions about how to do things in FL Studio - You mos def NEED to peep this post.

In this post I share my top 4 "how to" videos that basically cover everything from "how to set up FL Studio" to song composition and automation.

Check it.

Hi! I'm wondering if you know how to stop an 808 kick in fl 11. I want to cut it off, bring it back, and cut it off through out the song. I tried using an automation clip on the volume knob, but the sound just came back once the volume came back up (obviously). If I don't stop/cut the 808s they all just stack up and layer and get loud and overwhelming! A good example of what I'm talking about is in this song "Shihan~Tamagotchi" I want to stop the 808s just like in that song. I've tried multiple ways, any ideas??????

Hi! I'm wondering if you know how to stop an 808 kick in fl 11. I want to cut it off, bring it back, and cut it off through out the song. I tried using an automation clip on the volume knob, but the sound just came back once the volume came back up (obviously). If I don't stop/cut the 808s they all just stack up and layer and get loud and overwhelming! A good example of what I'm talking about is in this song "Shihan~Tamagotchi" I want to stop the 808s just like in that song. I've tried multiple ways, any ideas??????

yea man, an easy way is to right click the 808 and check "cut itself" then when you want to cut the 808 just put another instance of that 808 and put the velocity of it to zero in the piano roll, so it cuts the previous drum but it doesn't play another one.

The new fl12 for some reason has notes being extremely short by default if you touch the step sequencer before the piano roll.
The snap settings are also jarring.
Especially since there's multiple versions of them in each section.
And the cut by not being set to 1/1 by default unless a template is involved.[not sure if possible might futz with that since I use it again]

Thanks fellas for helping out @E.T. Productions but this also further illustrates why watching those video's is so helpful.

Seriously, spending a few hours learning the ins and outs of a program you plan on learning anyways will save you so much time and headache going forward.

$.02

I'm back with another question. How to you make your beat go off, and back on again??? You know, it's in most trap songs, it sounds like the song's is melting then it cuts off....then gets brought back sound the same but just with reverse effect. I've tried using an automation clip on the cut, and many other things, but to no avail (I know, I think everything is done with an automation clip lol) any ideas???

Back