FL Studio Help Requested

A

Agent of Inflennce

I've been using FL for years now and there is still a few things I cannot figure out. So I hope some of you guys can lend a hand. I'd be most grateful. So one issue I cannot resolve is to do with the piano roll and samples. Sometimes when I load a sample by default it goes to C5 and it plays normal, then other times I'll do the very same thing, pick a sample, drag it over to the step sequencer but then what happens is it plays WAAAAY to fast, like pitched up mad speed. When you look at the properties of it, Pitch, Time, Stretch knobs are all default so the only way to fix it is to go into the piano roll and move the bar right down to C0 from C5 for it to play right. Its very frustrating when this happens.

A question i have, How come some samples I have when I press them to listen they will stretch to fit the BPM of the track while you hear it, and some others dont do this. Is there a way to turn something on to make this universal across all my samples?

technically, you should be dragging the samples into the playlist. You can cut and copy the audio file (it's not midi here). The only time you want them in the step sequencer is if you want to change the pitch of the sample (it'll be midi here). I'm a little confused, ...but try that.

Sometimes when I load a sample by default it goes to C5 and it plays normal, then other times I'll do the very same thing, pick a sample, drag it over to the step sequencer but then what happens is it plays WAAAAY to fast, like pitched up mad speed. When you look at the properties of it, Pitch, Time, Stretch knobs are all default so the only way to fix it is to go into the piano roll and move the bar right down to C0 from C5 for it to play right. Its very frustrating when this happens.

Go to channel settings > misc tab > click the "reset" button above the piano.

Back