An easy way to make money by giving away your music for free.

How successful is this? Am I looking at a few cents here or is it actually worth my time to look into this?

I way I started making money as a new producer was to start with free beats. Every hip-hop artist needs beats but a lot of upcoming rappers don't have the bread for them. By making your beats free you generate a lot of buzz around your name. I ended up getting almost 200 followers on instagram within a few weeks. After about a month of doing this I then started charging. I've been producing for a little over a month and I've now made $40 with leasing two beats. You're not gonna wake up making metro boomin money but it feels great, especially when you've just started like I have.

And what if no one watches your youtube videos? Then your'e out like $150, or however much those services cost. Or does the promotional services guarantee views on your youtube channel?

This is a good strategy and will try it. I've been looking for a way to boost my youtube views and actually put out there some "production level" beats as in a mixtape or something like that. Having a limited budget at the moment I thought that doing a beat tape in a meaningful way was impossible, but this here makes sense to me in a way that I feel that I can finally accomplish that. I feel it would also help in terms of showing others that you actually have some type of production out there that is not just an outdated beat store (oh lord how I hate that I did that) or some random soundcloud and youtube beats. Thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge fam!

I've read about it from the link but my question is, were you putting that as a referral link or something? Have you had experience with it and how can it help producers to make some money or gain a little bit of recognition? Again, I read the information, but I'm not sure how it would benefit producers in the same way explained in the topic. Just wondering if you could give us some more of your experience with it. Definitely sounds interesting at first glance, but not sure.

Thanks,
Clormo

If you advertise with "free beats" or "free background music" and you take they revenue on the back-end, it's not free is it?

If I'd be a big Youtuber that rakes in millions of views on a vid (thousands of dollars) I wouldn't be so happy when I found the
music wasn't actually "free". Or am I missing something?

Back