Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An easy way to make money by giving away your music for free.

Thanks

Thumbs up An easy way to make money by giving away your music for free.

Sign in to disable this ad
    Whats good FP!

Since a lot of cats on the site want to make money from their music I thought I'd share a blueprint with y'all that will help you get paid.

Don't ever say I never gave you nuthin' lol

Check the technique:

Before you get started you need to do a few things:

1. Sign up with a PRO like ascap or bmi.
    2. Sign up with an online music distributor like Distrokid or CD baby.
    3. sign up for an account at a site like audiam or adrev.

Once that is done all you have to do is:

1. Make tons of beats/music and arrange it as an album or several albums.
    2. Publish it.
    3. Create a youtube channel or dedicated website for your music and promote it as "free youtube backing music" or "beats for video" etc.
    4. Collect royalties from ad plays on Youtube.

Thats it.

How it works [and makes you money]:

A lot of people need [free] background music for their YouTube videos and need a source to get it from. Same thing with rappers. They want to make music [with free beats] and eventually upload it to YouTube. Well, once your music is published, registered and available through the online retailers they will have bar codes and isrc codes assigned to them. Those codes are used to track your music. So, in addition to the royalties from sales you get from your PRO and the online retailers, when someone downloads your free beats / music and uploads the music to YouTube, ads will be placed on their videos because it "matches third party content" [your content] and these companies [adrev & audiam] will collect on your behalf and pay you money from the ads placed on the videos as well. You may also be eligible to collect from other places as well (maybe someone else can chime in on this) but I'm not too sure.

This is a very simple method that does require an initial investment but in the long run you should make a decent return on that investment and build your name up in the process. Plus: [the most beautiful part] your music gets out there and you still own it! <==== Just make sure you make this clear to the "free downloaders" of your music.

Lets be real. The chances of you becoming a millionaire overnight from this isn't very likely but on the road to riches all revenue streams add up. Please believe.

And there you have it.

Now go get it.

Peace~

Click here to follow me on instagram or twitter.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SFTRAXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I hear ya, I like this. I was working on something similar but this is coo too. Props

Thanks
    You know what, a week ago I was about to sign up with CD Baby! But I got turned off by their $59 fee. And the "Go free" option is useless to me, since it excludes YouTube, TV & Film, performances.
    How long have you been doing this, and has it paid off so far?

Thanks
    that's actually brilliant man

Thanks
    Really smart idea! You should also try to do as much as you can so that your revenue isn't based off of one thing and so you have something to fall back on. For example, you can also post tutorials and project breakdowns, sell projects as a whole, make sample packs, make a mix series in the form of a podcast or radio show, and you could even make a Patreon account where you can set up donations and release something cool when you hit a certain amount ($5 = livesteam, $10 private lessons, etc.) and then advertise all this through different social media mediums. It's always good to try and be everywhere!

Thanks
    Awesome tips. I am going to start doing this asap!

Thanks
    Couldn't I technically just sign up for AdRev, upload my songs there, and make my own videos for my tracks + let people use my beats in their video. Like, "if you rap over this, you have to put it on youtube" or something like that.

Im totally prepared to sign up for ASCAP or BMI but I am just asking.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzou;4***8866
    Couldn't I technically just sign up for AdRev, upload my songs there, and make my own videos for my tracks + let people use my beats in their video. Like, "if you rap over this, you have to put it on youtube" or something like that.

Im totally prepared to sign up for ASCAP or BMI but I am just asking.

I would make signing up with a PRO a priority as to not leave any money sitting on the table.

$.02

Thanks
    Does CD Baby cost $?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Project View Post
    Does CD Baby cost $?
    Yeah, if you want to make money from Youtube, TV etc. you have to pay $49 to upload an album.

Thread Information