Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ever get embarrassed to tell people what you produce with? [FL STUDIO]

Thanks

Do you ever get embarrassed to tell people what you produce with? [FL STUDIO]

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm curious about how producers feel about the term "industry standard" and how it shapes our perception of a software and the confidence we have both socially and emotionally. How confident are you with your DAW software (especially social confidence) , and if it's not "industry standard" ie: Avids Pro Tools, are you still comfortable talking about it in a professional conversation / environment?

Thanks
    People talk shit about protools and that is considered the entire industry's daw.

Thanks
    What do they say exactly?

Thanks
    Never worry. Every top producer in the biz uses all daw.. FL is. Rey popular. Logic. Cubans. Abletom. They are all just as good. That protocols be mattered 10 years ago only because computers could not keep up. Now every program is professional.

Thanks
    You should feel ashamed to use Fruity Loops like I felt ashamed to use cheap second hand gear like the TR-808....that is to say not at all.

Thanks
    It really shouldn't matter.

A banger is a banger.

Who cares what you made it with.

-Traxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SFTRAXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I don't think there's an Industry Standard when it comes to 'whatever you make music with'.
    Usually that's a free-for-all and nobody cares.

What you use to mix and master RECORDS with- that's a different story.
    The brain behind your studio is important.

What you noodle around with- isn't.
    FL and Garageband have the reputation (and deservedly so) of being beginners software.
    I don't mean, cheap, limited or shallow. I mean Something that's easy to get started with.

So if someone says "I want to get started making music- and I don't have a lot of experience...what should I get?"
    You don't say Ableton Live or Logic or....or......
    You name something simple and immediate that they can grow with over time.

You should feel ashamed to use Fruity Loops like I felt ashamed to use cheap second hand gear like the TR-808....that is to say not at all.

If you were using a TR-808 when it first came out and was looked down upon then yeah, you'd be making some kind of vanguard statement. If you're using after it became popular- then no, using one says nothing but the OPPOSITE of this thread. You're using something that IS (creatively + Sonic-ally) a producer's "industry standard".

And a hardware drum machine and your DAW are widely unrelated. The only spirit would be to name some kind of beginners drum machine that makes it (too?) easy to make beats on. I have no idea what that would be.

The embarrassment is the notion that you're supposed to be an advanced "creative" and you're still using or using beginner stuff.
    The guitarist using the $99 dollar guitar. The orchestra cat using student versions of their instruments.

You're supposed to grow out of that stage eventually.
    As you mature, so should you set up- or at least the way you use it.

Thanks
    I use FL and im not embarrased. Fuck i use the demo lol but it works for what I use it for, and thats all that matters
    Rap/EDM Producer. My Soundcloud:
    https://Soundcloud.com/56john

Thanks
    Nope! I produced with many daws during these years. My first was FL Studio 9 so I am very attached with all Image Line brand. Then I learned to use many other softwares, due to collabs with friends and other people. My main daw at the moment are Live 9, Reaper and Logic Pro X. Also I use sometimes Maschine 2 to compose beats cause I feel it very comfortable thank's to my Maschine Studio.

Thanks
    I use Presonus Studio One 3 and I am proud of it. I advocate for it all the time.

Thread Information