Can you make any voice sound good w/ flstudio stock plugins

Rezokk

Rezokk music
Problem: I want to sing my own stuff like calvin harris or the chainsmokers. How can i make my shitty voice sound like theirs because they are terrible but they have some sort of magic process that allows them to put their voice on their own tracks PLS HELP!!

First i'd like to say you can use any modern daw to get great sounding vocals / instrumental... Those aren't the best examples, but i get your point...

Few Tips:

(1) Make sure you have a flexed mind fame before attempting to mix jack shit, cause if other wise you'll get jack shit results.

(2) "DON'T MIX AT HIGH LEVELS"

(3) EQ & Compression are the backbone of any mix... These are the things that 99% of the time give you a great mix to begin with to make it even more great after.

(4) Make sure you hear what you are doing (Have a good monitoring system)

(5) No rule is set in stone (That's why i love music)

Last edited:
I've found that the stock plugins with FL, Reaper, Mixcraft, etc., are just not up to the task. The two biggest helps are having a good mic and a capable plug-in. For not much money, I use an MXL-770 condenser mic which is just so much better than the dynamic mics and comes with it's own shock-mount. I also have an ARF-68 Reflection Filter on my mic stand to provide good general isolation and of course you need to use a pop-filter. I saved up a little and bought the Izotope Nectar 2 Standard Edition vocal processing plug-in, which has made all the difference for only US$174.00 . You can read about it at this link: https://www.izotope.com/en/products...erm=izotope nectar&utm_content=Nectar - Brand

Do most producers know what those plugins are in the first place?
Altho I see the point of thirdparty stuff too if something's actually missing in a daw.

Back