Best freeware vsts out there?

KVLTVRED

Hip hop / trap/urban producer, I use a lot of strange & eerie sounds. A lot of plucks, keys, and the pads. I'm a sucker for high quality choir / strings as well. What are the best vsts you have come across or use personally?

I mainly use nexus, kontakt, and raptor currently but I'm always looking for new sounds / samples to use.

All freewares are good, however the designs are another story lol. DSK, zebralette, player version of native instrument stuff etc.
The powerful ones, the extremely powerful ones are by far the most difficult. Csound etc stuff like that.

Reaktor player version. Tal synths.
Making audible wavetables and using them in a sampler as a granular osc is half azzerd but interesting.

Synthmaster 2, its not free. But, you can get the one version for $30.00, it includes all the same sound present. Just limits the amount of synth editing you can do. Which isnt a big deal if u are looking for just pressents. It has around 1,200. Or they have a free version with about half this amount - Firebird is a pretty decent free vst also

Last edited:
Free instrument plugins I use most:
Synth1
Helm
DSK
ZynAddSubFX (Literally amazing)

Free FX VSTs I use:
EasyQ (equalizer)
3D Panner
Anarchy VSTs
HybridReverb2
EngineersFilter