The Beat Selling Bible: Top 21 Ways To Sell Beats Online Like a Pro

The number one thing producers must do to have a profitable beat selling business is, make good music.That's why producers like Superstar O are making good money: their music is nice.

or you can come to my website and sell it as a template ;) we are looking for new producers :hello:
wemakedancemusic.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The most important 2 points you made in my opinion: Free beats and Social media

Although selling beats online could use an entire comprehensive guide, this is a great post and you nailed it.
I shall not go in on each and every point you made but emphasize the two most important promotion techniques there are.

These are:

1. Offering free beats. I do it myself (https://omnibeats.com/free-beats. People search for that term in google & youtube all the time.
This will get you traffic to your beats website without even trying!
2. Social media. You mentioned Fb & Twitter, but if you are in the beatselling business, Youtube is the way to go. Basically, 2 ways you can go. You can become a "type beat" poster or a more descriptive poster "hard aggressive trap beat". However, there are many searches for both ways and you will get hits. Make sure to put your links in the video's description!
Personally, Im a "type beat" - poster. Check out my Youtube channel if interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUPAqIRWVM8Y56fUru6X5zg and hit me up if you have any questions. Id be glad to help
any producer that is on the come up. Good luck!

I
  1. Social Media: I'm pretty sure you have a Facebook and Twitter (hellyou better) so you have to take advantage of those platforms. This iswhere you can get FREE traffic to your website and start to buildrelationships with potential clients.
  2. Give Away Free Beats: This one upsets a lot of producers because Iknow the feeling. You spend your time making a hot beat only for anartist to ask for it for free. Well here's how you can overcome thatproblem. Giving away 1 beat for FREE is how you can get artist in thedoor. Once they're in it's up to you to keep the relationship going which will turn into sales on the backend.
Leave your comments below

Although selling beats online could use an entire comprehensive guide, this is a great post and you nailed it.
I shall not go in on each and every point you made but emphasize the two most important promotion techniques there are.

These are:

1. Offering free beats. I do it myself (https://omnibeats.com/free-beats. People search for that term in google & youtube all the time.
This will get you traffic to your beats website without even trying!
2. Social media. You mentioned Fb & Twitter, but if you are in the beatselling business, Youtube is the way to go. Basically, 2 ways you can go. You can become a "type beat" poster or a more descriptive poster "hard aggressive trap beat". However, there are many searches for both ways and you will get hits. Make sure to put your links in the video's description!
Personally, Im a "type beat" - poster. Check out my Youtube channel if interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUPAqIRWVM8Y56fUru6X5zg and hit me up if you have any questions. Id be glad to help
any producer that is on the come up. Good luck!

social media is so flooded now its more of a platform for attention seeking than anything. I post beats all the time but havent seen one serious client yet lol.

What could I be doing wrong?

Don't just post beats, get some info on the rappers your approaching. Praise their skills, see if they know someone you know. Find some rap competitions you can recommend to them.

Find a way to connect with them without selling to them on the first meeting.

They need to like you before they buy from you.

Internet stats shows it can take up to 7 times of seeing something before they trust you enough to buy.

So you should have at least 3 friendly conversations before you even mention you sell beats.

Social media is all about advertising these days, you just need to approach it in a conversational tone with open ended questions.

Does that make sense?

Back