Synths?

RandyPeterMuzic

Sorry if my post is out of place, or scatter minded, or anything else. This is my first post.

I've been producing for about 6 months, and I've seen progress in my work already, but I'm still striving to get rid of my "Stock" sound. When ever I find a synth I always mess with it, and make it my own in little ways. Twisting knobs, sliding faders, ect, but I can't say I honestly know what I'm doing. I want to start not only knowing about synths, but making my own. I know the basics, wav forms and such, but I couldn't knowingly build a sound I'd like at all so I was wondering if anyone here could recommend some online reading, or maybe video tutorials that would help me get a better grasp over building synths?

Sorry if my post is out of place, or scatter minded, or anything else. This is my first post.

I've been producing for about 6 months, and I've seen progress in my work already, but I'm still striving to get rid of my "Stock" sound. When ever I find a synth I always mess with it, and make it my own in little ways. Twisting knobs, sliding faders, ect, but I can't say I honestly know what I'm doing. I want to start not only knowing about synths, but making my own. I know the basics, wav forms and such, but I couldn't knowingly build a sound I'd like at all so I was wondering if anyone here could recommend some online reading, or maybe video tutorials that would help me get a better grasp over building synths?

I have some good channels and vids for you, but I can't post links (need 20 posts) so go to youtube and you can find them :)

Channels:
SynthSchool
LoudnessWar

Videos:
/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M
/watch?v=gJkxGvhOS-M
/watch?v=zK3m8sMkTE4

Send me a message if you want more stuff or can't find any of them :)

Last edited:
what software do you use? i found thor in reason to be great for basic learning, on general reason as a whole can help you figure this out if u dive into it instrument by instrument

Thanks guys. All of these were pretty helpful, and nastyslim I'm using Abelton 9, just moved from FL (Which I actually liked alot)

Last edited:
I recommend Alchemy! Best Instrument DAW, Does take some CPU though.
Nice natural sounding presets and a simplified or advanced synth making options. Everything you need in one panel!

Back