Making A Beat Using Native Instruments Maschine and Vinyl Records

Asterix

Here is a video breaking down the creative process of a sampled based beat using Native Instruments Maschine and Vinyl records. We included a few screen shots of the Maschine software as I made changes on the control surface. We start off by grabing a few records, pulling some drums, Choosing some samples and then we put the whole thing together and sequence it using the Maschine's software.

Check the youtube page and subscribe.

227457_223756530984272_5552012_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the support guys! I hope everyone that watches this video gets a little something out of it. I'm just curious who else on here is using maschine or is seriously thinking of getting it? What are your thoughts on it?

I recognize that sample at the very end. I believe it was a Black Rob song I think. Or Biggie. Someone from BadBoy. lol. Whats the sample?

Thanks for the support guys! I hope everyone that watches this video gets a little something out of it. I'm just curious who else on here is using maschine or is seriously thinking of getting it? What are your thoughts on it?

We use it, and for what it does for the price I'm not mad at it at all. Being from the class of ASR-10's and MPC's its a huge improvement.

But lately, I've really been enjoying using FL Studio. Its a far more powerful application than I first realized.

Dope vid by the way!

basic programing on IMaschine is cool but having the physical pads is much better for playing live. I've tried playing live on Imaschine but it's real easy to miss the pads or accidentally hit another pad.

Does anyone have a banger they made on Imaschine? I'd be interested in hearing some of the better beats to come out of that program.

Thank you. I try not dig too deep for these videos. When I find a crazy sample that isn't quite as common I'll still guard it's identity. Not too long ago I had someone message me and ask me to send them a bunch of samples. I wanted to say would you like me to sample it and put it together for you too. lol

Does anyone have any experience with Maschine and Ableton? I've heard a lot of good things about that combo but I've messed around with it myself.

I love my MPC but Maschine is like the bridge for people like me. I spent a lot of time on my 2000XL and when programs and controllers started to take over I didn't know how to integrate the two, Maschine was the solution.

Back