Tutorial: Synchronizing AKAI MPC and KORG Triton to a Computer / DAW

I'm trying to MIDI the Triton to a midisport 1x1, to a computer. I want to have the comp as the master and the Triton as the slave. I have the chords connected properly and the configuration is set. Any ideas on why this is not working the way I want it to?

I just got a MPC2500 a week ago, and I´m doing like this: I use the pro-tools as the master, with the MIDI out of my DIGI002 to MIDI in of the MPC, and MPC synched with it as a slave, so I do the drums on the mpc, use instruments on the VSTi´s on pro-tools, like Trilogy and QL Colossus, and I even got a triton midi in and out with pro-tools, so I don´t use triton´s sequencer, I write the triton´s midi into pro-tools, than I playback pro-tools midi through triton, so I have a 16 channel hardware instrument into pro-tools. I´m starting at all with this setup, but looks good. Any problem I got is when I loop bars on pro-tools, sometimes the MPC do the loop, but sometimes it doesn´t. I don´t know if it´s a pro-tools bug or a MPC bug on MIDI synch.

www.myspace.com/costaacosta

brand new

brand new to the sit happy to be here.... im ready to learn

Can I do this with Audacity and If so how?
thx in advance

yes you can but theres not much control in audicity better of with cool edit pro or fruityloops or sonar or logic or abelton or neuendo or cubase
i find sonar works best with my edirol ua4fx then u can rewire everything else in to sonar i.e reason fL studio or any plug ins i have zero letency but it also helps to have lower latency so when u hit play o the mpc everything records in time i record to a 24 track multitrack on out board through a messa boogie valve amp hope this helps ..phatback...
Static.

Back