Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Beat-Making Video! Jeepz on the Maschine!

jeepz is offline Boom-Bap Enthousiast

First Beat-Making Video! Jeepz on the Maschine!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Here is my first attempt at shooting a beat-making video. Feedback would be very appreciated! Hopefully will be doing a few more of these!

Juliandroid is offline Registered User
    nicely done man, I'm curious as to how you chopped the samples exactly like did you set the tempo first?

Thanks! I unfortunately got the idea to shoot after the beat was done, so had not recorded the process of chopping the sample. Def. will try that out next time so people can see that!

As for the tempo, I rarely go outside of 85-95 BPM. But I usually play the chops without a metronome to get a feel for the tempo I want, then change the BPM to fit it.

henkhakkebar is offline Superproducer
    Loved those drums! How did you make those synthetic ones?? In combination with the acoustic sampled drums they sound really good, kinda got that mellow feel, but still slap on.

Nice beat.

Well, by synthetic, all I meant was that they were one-hits that came with the software, and not sampled from vinyl. Didn't actually make them!

Thanks!

King1988 is offline Registered User
    nice video, i'm thinking of startin to make some myself. it had a artistic feel to it.
    i liked your process first n foremost, not too many start with vinyl anymore. beat was dope tho, chops to the drums. do you have a snippet of the beat to post? i'd like to hear how the verse and hook sounded sequenced together?

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Oh n that song in your sig ..nice. refreshing is what comes to mind when i try to think how to describe it.

Thanks King! Ya I had been thinking about it for a while, and hadn't done it because it is a bit time-consuming...but it's worth it, the best feedback has been coming from people who don't make music who were unaware how a sampled beat came together.

There is the full beat at the end, but youtube did some weird shit... I had the beat playing from 3:45 till about 5 mins with just a title, and no vid...and somehow youtube just cut the clip at 3:45...tho if you play it at about 3:43 and just let it ride, it will show that the clip is over but the audio will keep playing? weird...

I also have it on my soundcloud: HereToMakeSnippet (Sold G.Grand) by Jeepzondabeatz on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Thanks again for checking it out and leaving feedback!

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

As for the song in the sig, that is a group i produce for and our album is nearly complete. We are just waiting on our DJ to add scratches, and then off to Montreal to have it mastered (by a grammy award winning engineer no less!)

please go to Just Poets | Facebook and click "like" to get the info once the album does drop! should be a month...

henkhakkebar is offline Superproducer
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepz View Post
    Well, by synthetic, all I meant was that they were one-hits that came with the software, and not sampled from vinyl. Didn't actually make them!

Thanks!

In what software were they? They sound fat!
    Last edited by henkhakkebar; 01-19-2012 at 09:27 AM.

One of the NI packages...but I did process them a bit too...

jbreezfromdallas is offline DigitalBreez

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information