Books about music theory / music production

R

Robstyle

Hi there, i just want to ask you if you know some good book about music theory, and some other books about music production. I'm looking for something that is easy for someone who's starting right now and doesn't know anything about music theory and music production.

Hope you will answer soon, see you!

P.S: sorry for my bad english, but i'm italian :D

I picked up Mastering Audio, and I am not sure it was useful to my production at all, and I don't think I ever read the thing, Understanding Audio was required reading for a music production program I took, and found it useful.. I haven't heard of Designing Sound, but MTfCM was pretty useful, as well as the Arranging for Computer Musicians.

Music Theory for Beginners - Emma Danes
Basic Music Theory: How to Read, Write, and Understand Written Music - Jonathan Harnum
The Art of Music Production - Richard James Burgess
Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio - Mike Senior
Music Theory for Computer Musicians - Michael Hewitt (I would recommend this to anyone who uses a computer to make music and who wants to learn some important theory along with practical production tips.)

i liked the book music theory for the complete idiot...it assumes you have zero musical knowledge and is very easy to grasp...that is how i learned music theory...

also if you are looking for tutorials, we at dance music production have some tutorials you can check out...if you have any questions feel free to ask me as i own many of the DVDs...

9ic i like ur post

---------- Post added 02-28-2013 at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was 02-18-2013 at 02:24 AM ----------

i kie ur post u sharing good thing !

Back