808 help!

soulfulmusic89

Battle Champion!
So can someone show me how to so a "sliding 808' style Kick

some song examples are : Drake "We'll Be Fine" Where the bassline/kick slides and drops.

I use Ableton, Reason, and Logic. I've tried the (Glide) Function in Ableton but I can not adjust the Glide time/rate to be exact.

I can post some links if needed, I would really like some insight on this. I have Hundreds of 808 hits,kicks and 808 basses, I dont think its my sample|sound thats the issue I just want to know how to manipulate it

Texas faces Toronto in a beat battle and you have no idea how wild it went down | SEE THE SOUND

Just watched this BTW the producer "Diesel" Has it in his track around 5:20, a lot of the Toronto Producers use it...

Well the producer who made We'll Be Fine also made Underground Kings and he uses that same bass slide in that beat as well. He uses FL Studio. His name is T-Minus. In FL Studio after you place your 808 in the sequencer you upload it into the piano roll and you can slide the 808s pitch so easily its crazy. You just put a glide note abover or below wherever you want it to glide to and whenever you you want it to start. Check it out on youtube. Type in T Minus Bass Glides, that should help.

Back