Why??

S

solocky

why do people take the time to cut up a sample if they just play it back the same??
just to be hitting pads??

thats wack!!
the more i watch these videos and read the comments it seems that most
(not all) have not concept of being original!!

and stop with all the "FIRE BEAT" or "ME MAKING A BURNER" ****

its just the wack supporting the wack mostly in here
and the newbies who ask serious questions get bull**** answers

this place has potiental but its not growing at all!!

First of all you probably dont know sh*t about sampling, second most of the beats people make in here are fire, third of all you got 11 posts come on now!
why dont you look around a little bit on this site. theres more than enough info for anybody whether it be a noob or someone a little more advanced. just ask a ? dont hate cause you can only make wack sh*t and dont know how to use the search function!

Why do people like you make dumbass threads like these?

come on tommy-u sound a little heated, u must feel like i was talking to u directly? well if the shoe fits wear it.
i only have 11 post cause im busy making music and living-not being online -try it
ive been sampling since the "atari 1040 ste" sounds,and phrases
so trust me ive got more than a clue
why didnt u just answer my question instead of getting heated??
probably cause your just a pad hitter yourself
and the rest was my opinion you are free to have one also incase no one has told you or better yet you can google the word "opinoin" since your always online and posting-haha
so the question again-
"why do people take the time to cut up a sample if they just play it back the same??"
any answer tommy?? if not then i wont be surprised

and for you "IntroProd" 115 post?? find some real friends!!
We took a look at your soundclick last night i i must say thanks for the laughs,your something like a producer comedian right??
we got a good laugh at those so called "tracks" you got over 80 posted but after randomly picking 3 we quit. "JDILLASTYLE" ?
U MUST BE KIDDING!!!!!!!!

Dont assume its wack if you dont understand why its done. When you take a 1 bar loop and chop it you can now play the chops back at whatever tempo you choose. It often results in a more locked in feel a better fit to the drum shell. Now why dont you take your newbie ass out of here and come back when you are a little more humble.

The Beat Pharmacy;48545628. Now why dont you take your newbie ass out of here and come back when you are a little more humble.[/QUOTE said:
Yes please do that

"When you take a 1 bar loop and chop it you can now play the chops back at whatever tempo you choose."=TIMESTRECHING
every sampler has it now a days.
you should know this (and u call me a newbie)
ive got years under my belt
i just come here for the samples (some folk share some good ones here)
there are folk here that can take critisism
and there are some young kids like you three that responded that have a long way to go

The Beat Pharmacy -1,450 posts <-- should i say more??
seems like u spent more time on your logo than making music-PHUKBOI!!
get a life

hahaha

if u cut a sample and play it back the same then its looping simple
then dont cut it!!
if u read correctly u see i was reffering to the videos
do the hit the pads to make it look like something special is being done??

"When you take a 1 bar loop and chop it you can now play the chops back at whatever tempo you choose."=TIMESTRECHING
every sampler has it now a days.
you should know this (and u call me a newbie)
ive got years under my belt
i just come here for the samples (some folk share some good ones here)
there are folk here that can take critisism
and there are some young kids like you three that responded that have a long way to go

The Beat Pharmacy -1,450 posts <-- should i say more??
seems like u spent more time on your logo than making music-PHUKBOI!!
get a life

hahaha

if u cut a sample and play it back the same then its looping simple
then dont cut it!!
if u read correctly u see i was reffering to the videos
do the hit the pads to make it look like something special is being done??

time stretching doesn't always give you the results your looking for it often times gives you unwanted artifacts but since you say you have years under your belt LMFAO you would already know this. Years under your belt should also tell you every sampler does not have the timestreach feature.

Also many beatmakers use this approach even when they do have the time streach feature available to them cause its all part of the way you can vibe and give the track your own groove by playing out the chops as opposed to looping the sample. This approach often makes for a real tight sequence. I really shouldnt need to explain any of this since you have years under your belt and im young and cant take critisism LOL.

"you have years under your belt and im young and cant take critisism" -

The truest word you ever spoke!!

The Beat Pharmacy wrote

"its all part of the way you can vibe and give the track your own groove by playing out the chops as opposed to looping the sample"

I wrote

"if u cut a sample and play it back the same then its looping simple
then dont cut it!!"

just agree with me next time and save the slick talk

but hey your on the way to the 1500 post count then you might get a free "FP" tshirt so keep on posting--hahahaha

closed

Last edited by a moderator:
"you have years under your belt and im young and cant take critisism" -

The truest word you ever spoke!!

The Beat Pharmacy wrote

"its all part of the way you can vibe and give the track your own groove by playing out the chops as opposed to looping the sample"

I wrote

"if u cut a sample and play it back the same then its looping simple
then dont cut it!!"

just agree with me next time and save the slick talk

but hey your on the way to the 1500 post count then you might get a free "FP" tshirt so keep on posting--hahahaha

closed

You dont know when to quit do you? Why dont you go watch some more youtube videos and get all bent out of shape that you cant make beats.

PEACE

when people chop up a sample, it gives them more freedom. By doing so, it makes the sample more like an instrument to the beat maker. Sometimes people just end up playing it similar to the original loop. Also, people do it sometimes to match with the tempo if its too fast or too slow for their beat.

Back