The war of art, book. how to succeed at your creative projects

famfu

Anyone read this book? basically says you have to fight resistance every day. show up and work on your craft everyday and then you will be successful.

Stephen king says he doesnt know how he is so great he just shows up and writes every day. If he writes good or bad doesnt matter. he just keeps grinding away.

So after reading this book I started working on music every day. Work was really slow.
Every day I would just load sylenth synth. make a melody or bassline. maybe add drums. write some lyrics. record those lyrics and move on to a new beat. some days I would start and record lyrics on 5 different projects.
Worked on music every day for 4 months straight. sent 273 projects with recorded choruses to the google drive. then went on vacation to cancun. came back and took a little break from music.
Went through those 273 projects and found 100 that i really liked and thought had potential.
Now I am just going through trying to turn them into full songs. not sure if any will be good.
I am going to go back to grinding every day mostly just working on finishing a track at a time.

Anyone else work on music every day? I know it is not easy when work gets in the way. Damn bills not being payed by music. yet?

Back