URGENT HELP NEEDED!! Problem with Novation Launchkey

Tendril

so im hoping this to be the proper place to put this thread but if not, feel free to move it.

so a while ago i bought myself a novation launchkey 25 to use with ableton (hacked...too poor to buy it...for now)

back then i only used it to use the keys and drumpads for when i had to programm some drum patterns., thats all...

but yesterday i wanted to try out the inControl Feature but it didnt work. Neither the circle buttons to play and stop the clips OR the play/stop/loop/etc. buttons on the right-hand side...nothing of that worked.

i could use the two wheels with no problems (pitch and modulation wheels) but the fader next to the screen wouldnt do anything either.

the knobs only worked if i mapped them to stuff (which i assume is how its supposed to work)

i've looked basically everywhere on the net to resolve these issues but i couldnt find anything like this.

the only thing i saw is in preferences that i could choose launchkey...not launchkey 25 in the first tab. and the next two tabs didnt say MIDIin or MIDIout, just the name of my keyboard and either midi or inControl.

Nothing has worked and im getting frustrated at the thought that i wasted my money.
if anyone can, please help

also my ableton is a cracked one like i said before and its version 9.1...is there maybe a compatability issue?

Back