Tutorial: Sequencing Software Instruments From Hardware

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
<EMBED src="https://www.futureproducers.com/videos/videoplayer640.swf?f=SoftwareInstruments_MPC_Tutorial.flv" width="640" height="480" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></EMBED>

This will apply to any hardware sequencer, and any software instrument. Running time: 6 minutes. You need Flash Player 8 to see this video.

See what I'm saying Mano! Im very happy you came thru with that! You make me wanna get sample tank now, but I'll continue with the MO 6! Goodlooking MANO!

Good video again mano, thanks for all the effort you put into making this the BEST producer website ever. Very informative! Keep it up, and thank you again.

I Have An Mpc2000xl. A Midi Controller. And Sampletank 2. How Do I Record Sampletank Sounds Into The Mpc Sequencer Using The Midi Keyboard Which Would Be Plugged On The Mpc.....im Lost....

do exactly what I show in the video

AND

plug your midi keyboard OUT to your MPC's MIDI IN A

... it will do EXACTLY what I show in the video, but you can also play on the keys.

(by recording "sounds in to the MPC" do you mean audio? You don't need to (in my video the "notes" are recorded, but not the sound itself) ... but if so, you just run an audio cable from your computer out to your mpc record jack and "sample" the audio from your computer... but it is a SEPARATE thing than MIDI, and you do not need to do that really... Plus MPC2000 only has a limited amount of memory anyway, so you are better off dealing with audio recording on your computer.. what we call "Tracking")

I hope this helps.

Post comments, questions, etc!

A mano i want to kno how do u sync your MPC2000XL into a computer sequencer like Cubase so u can control your MPC2000XL in cubase.So it wont be such a headacne and you can just use your sound on your MPC to track to cubase.if you dont mind could you do a video on that.I would really appreciate if you would thank you mano

' we want the midi signal to go out and say 'hey, where are you?'''

hahahaha

great video mano, thanks.

BeatBoyProductions said:
A mano i want to kno how do u sync your MPC2000XL into a computer sequencer like Cubase so u can control your MPC2000XL in cubase.So it wont be such a headacne and you can just use your sound on your MPC to track to cubase.if you dont mind could you do a video on that.I would really appreciate if you would thank you mano

Hey. Yep good idea:

"Synchronization and Tracking Hardware with DAW Software"

Next on the list!

I am super tired and won't have time for a couple of days, but I'll do my best to get this new title soon after that.

vursatyl0601 said:
' we want the midi signal to go out and say 'hey, where are you?'''

hahahaha

great video mano, thanks.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Mano, good tutorial... Saves us all time in the long run...

By the way, how do you like the MidiSport 8x8? Looks impressive, 128 MIDI I/O channels is very useful, just wanted your thoughts on that model.

u should de-interlace ure video :-D

good stuff though brotha.

_chris

why does my video keep on stopping right when u say "midi cables"?

_chris

Last edited:
Back