Tutorial: Sequencing Software Instruments From Hardware

This is my question. i have flstudio6 a midi controller and a set of edirol midi cables. i just want to record into my mpc 1000 and save what i recorded. does the midi out of flstudio involved in this process?

judge: Are you trying to do what I am doing in the video? It should apply.

I don't talk about recording audio, if that's what you mean to ask about, I will explain Synchronizing your computer (FL Studio or Cubase or...) with your MPC and 'tracking" (recording audio to make a final song) in the next video(s).

Try searching for posts on FP to see if they help you at all, and post a new discussion/thread if you want to dig deeper into your scenatio/questions.

Thanks

actually Sample Tank can be open "Standalone" (by itself) as I fid in this video because I didn't need to use a complex sequencer (keeping things as simple as possible).

A mano i want to kno how do u sync your MPC2000XL into a computer sequencer like Cubase so u can control your MPC2000XL in cubase.So it wont be such a headacne and you can just use your sound on your MPC to track to cubase.if you dont mind could you do a video on that.I would really appreciate if you would thank you mano

Yo, you just set Cubase to send Midi Clock to your MPC. You have to go into TRANSPORT and SYNC SETUP, and choose the port your MPC is hooked into to "Send Midi Clock".

Have the MiDI output of your computer hooked to the MIDI in of the MPC and it should chase according to your tempo track in Cubase. Of course you have to have your MIDI recieve option turned on on your MPC in order for it to take off when you start the track in Cubase.

I'm a noob and mano u've helped me out tremendously. Now I'm going to check out this sample tank software. I've been managing my samples pretty strenous. By the way, does a progarm set need to be made when using the sample tank software?

Thanks again

anad

good video. it may also be useful to make one doing this process the other way around. IE how to sequence my hardware to my software. its a lil more complex than this one but it comes up a lot also

anad said:
I'm a noob and mano u've helped me out tremendously. Now I'm going to check out this sample tank software. I've been managing my samples pretty strenous. By the way, does a progarm set need to be made when using the sample tank software?

Thanks again

anad

You are welcome :)

SampleTank is like a sound module... You just pick from a list of instruments and load them in the 16 channels / slots. I believe you can also load your own samples, I haven't tried that yet. The 16 channels set can be saved as a "multi".

Systembabie said:
Is it also possible for us to download this movie, so we can watch it offline? That would be great ;o)
Cheers

Sorry not at the moment. Right now it is important that people play it in context of advertisement - this is how FP can survive and remain free.

You may see somthing in the future where VIP members could download HD / DVD quality videos or buy the DVD discs (small subscription to support FP).

Xabiton said:
good video. it may also be useful to make one doing this process the other way around. IE how to sequence my hardware to my software. its a lil more complex than this one but it comes up a lot also

Agreed, that would make a great future video.

I am working on Synchronizing Hardware with Software, and also Tracking into DAW (from software and hardware). The "Sequencing Hardware from Software" one will come after that :)

Last edited:
This is a great space you set up mr. mano. I just joined today and have already learned so much! keep up the great work man!

PELicanWord said:
y cant i seem 2 find duh video? help?

... install flash player 8

i added a link in my original post

FYI if you can't see the video, you also can't see the top logo of the site, the "latest post" strip at the top (Which is a kewwl feature!) and other things

there *should* be a warning message at the very top which tells you that you need Flash Player 8 (linking to it).

Good luck

WELT FILE. said:
This is a great space you set up mr. mano. I just joined today and have already learned so much! keep up the great work man!

THank you for the kind words. Welcome to your cozy new music home :cheers:

Last edited:
well i can see the latest post feature, your right, veeeeery cool. But i still cant see the video, I'll try reinstalling flash 8.

edit: ok it poped up for a minute, and wont show again...? I really wanna see this ish! Does it apply to workstations other than the MPC? aka ASR10?

Last edited:
just 1 thing: isn't the mpc in this case just as useful as a simple midi pad controller? i mean...ohh i have no idea cause i have never had one so nevermind! :P

ahh i got it to work, thanks mano! You do indeed need flash 8 to see it, not the banners above, but the video. I look forward to more! What were you sequencing on in the video>?

Back