Tutorial: Saving and Loading Your Projects (AKAI MPC 1000)

erbium said:
Nice vid !

Thank you!

Many more to come - working hard to make FP the best place on the planet for talented people like you to come and ENJOY!

:cheers:

Thank you for all the support.

smartie said:

install the module to watch videos (Windows Media Player). I do not use Firefox but confirmed that it works on it.

uuhhm.. no..
i watched it from a different pc running windows, using the ie.. great job by the way mano :cheers:

i don't want to install any microsoft-software on the computer i have been on when i first tried ;)

mano please make a vid on chopping on the 1k, to stop all the hating on the 1k, and people who say u cant chop on it

i don't have a 1k but i agree with p that a vid on chopping on it would be great... it would help me on wether or not i should recomend the 1k to certain friends..... plus i'd like to see it myself... is there a place on this site that says how you can post vids up.... i wouldn't mind making some vids and posting them for heads to learn also.... (for mpc2000xl and mp-7)

flux302:

You can email me to chat about the possibility to get published on FP as an author (See the reviews of ECLER mixer and ELKA SYNTHEX synthesizer as examples, and also the scratching videos). Looking forward to chatting. I am very appreciative of content contributions to the FP website and always do my best to showcase authors (bio + link). My email is mclement@futureproducers.com

:cheers:

Yes the "chopping" one is already planned - and you *can* on the 1000, it's just different interface (no ZONES but EXTRACT)! :)

Yes more MPC vids please . . .

Even though I don't own one I love watching vids with them being used.

flux302 said:
i wouldn't mind making some vids and posting them for heads to learn also.... (for mpc2000xl and mp-7)

some mp-7 vids would be great, because the mp-7 is an awesome machine ;)

AMG said:
I can chop pretty well on my 1K...good enough rather, but i have no vid camera. Awww crap!

no worries I will be publishing a detailed step-by-step tutorial for this soon :)

take care

whatup, i ain't been on here in so long, i just been working on some projects with people in n.y. and miss. but i'm gonna make an mpc video soon, i' ll upload it soon, and ill upload this music video were shooting, but i got the mpc 1k like 2 weeks ago, i'ts the best investment i've ever made. peace.

Good stuff mano. One question: can you sequence those track mutes. I like to convert my songs into a sequence thend some elments on the fly on a open track......I thought that would be hot.

(mano here)

I don't think so. This is the first thing I had on my list of "wishes" for AKAI

people get used to recording these "hands-on/live" controls in programs like REASON and other full-automation DAWs

It would make sense that they give you an option to record a "performance" which would record track mutes, mixer changes (volumes, pan, etc), sequence changes (pattern switches), etc.

Kind of a SONG "2" mode (SONG as it is means a list of patterns which "plays")

mmhhh i should email this to them ;)

smartie said:
(mano here)

I don't think so. This is the first thing I had on my list of "wishes" for AKAI

people get used to recording these "hands-on/live" controls in programs like REASON and other full-automation DAWs

It would make sense that they give you an option to record a "performance" which would record track mutes, mixer changes (volumes, pan, etc), sequence changes (pattern switches), etc.

Kind of a SONG "2" mode (SONG as it is means a list of patterns which "plays")

mmhhh i should email this to them ;)
PLease do that's one thing that we certainly need. One more question this might not be in the correct post, i was wondering when sampling a key.... lets say like the mini moog sample shown in the tutorial what note is best to sample for the use of 16 tunings ? I take my mpc 1000 to work and don't have my keyboards for basslines.

yes it is very easy. I generally sample a C (piano player here ;) ) and press the 16 LEVELS button to tap it on pads

TIP: increase the decay time on bass samples you set to ON HOLD (to play only while you press the pad) otherwise it clicks - this makes sense, as the level changes too rapidly (common to all digital devices)

In the tutorial though I believe I sampled a whole phrase played on my MICROMOOG synthesizer.

"TIP: increase the decay time on bass samples you set to ON HOLD (to play only while you press the pad)"

should I do this in the 1000 itself?

what I meant was for instance if I was sapling a bass note from my Triton.....should I increase the decay on there or should I do it on the MPC?

it is a property in the MPC1000 program itself.

so if you are triggering bass samples on the MPC, make sure to increase the decay time.

To do so (if I remember correctly, the box is not in front of me):

. MODE > PROGRAM

. tap the pad where the bass sample is assigned, you should see the sample listed (4 slots)

. move the cursor to the LEVEL column (volume... default is 70) on the bass sample

. press the WINDOW key (which gives you more options related to the LEVEL

. you can now set a few ENVELOPE parameters (Attack, Decay, etc)

. Set the decay time so it sounds good; tap the pad a few times while you change the number

Note that this is useful with any sample which have a loud end or beginning, especially in the bass range, from my experience.

I hope this helps

;)

I will probably explain some of this in a tutorial on building PROGRAMS.

Back