Review: IK Multimedia Philharmonik Miroslav

THAT ISH IS OFF THE CAHIN. THOSE STRINGS WERE NASTY.

I got Sonic Synth and AbSynth but I'm too lazy to use all that ish.

KEYBOARD BEATZ SUCk, NAW joking, Keyboard is nasty!

It complements Sampletank (same company makes both: IK)

This is specificlaly an ORCHESTRA library, so you won't have other sounds but Orchestra

Orchestra-wise, this is an AMAZING library of sounds

There is a HUGE quantity of sounds in there, all orchetral

So: Quality and Quantity, not diversity :)

Mano, these vids are EXACTLY what FP Forums need... I'm thinking of getting my bro that's going to school for film production to do some stuff this summer, I'll let you know what he thinks.

---

This is exactly what a lot of people have been looking for, myself included.

I'm a classical music fan mostly, and since I sample more classical music than anything, I think being able to reproduce a piece the way I want from sheet music would be a much more musical learning process...

The best thing is, I could compose inside that, export to a wav and then chop... all original samples, no royalties!!!

Hey Mano, can I borrow 500 bucks?

Very dull stuff

Didn't like it really. Very dull stuff. My grandfather would like it, I guess. :victory:

-Transify
------------------------
"IN TRANCE WE TRUST!"

PhobikONE said:
Mano, these vids are EXACTLY what FP Forums need...

:cheers: Glad you like it! I agree, it gives life to FP and pushes the concept more toward an online TV show, in a way (wait til I have stacked 100 episodes all available on-demand!)

PhobikONE said:
The best thing is, I could compose inside that, export to a wav and then chop... all original samples, no royalties!!!

That's what I do :) I *never* sample records because my background is classical and I like composing (although I do like chopping and triggering chops + what the results sound like)... I need to "play" with sampling records anyway just for fun (maybe another video!)

PhobikONE said:
Hey Mano, can I borrow 500 bucks?

ahha ;)

Thanks everyone for making fp BIG!

mano 1 said:
:cheers: Glad you like it! I agree, it gives life to FP and pushes the concept more toward an online TV show, in a way (wait til I have stacked 100 episodes all available on-demand!)
I honestly can't wait. How about other member adding videos? Is this okay too?

That's what I do :) I *never* sample records because my background is classical and I like composing (although I do like chopping and triggering chops + what the results sound like)... I need to "play" with sampling records anyway just for fun (maybe another video!)
I love to find a good melody, and chop it! Weather I composed it, its classical sheet music, or even a straight up sampled off a CD! I know, I know, its not as musical, but its a helluva skill!

ahha ;)

Thanks everyone for making fp BIG!
I wasn't joking! ;)

VYCityMusic said:
ok know i can hear the tutorial but i can't see it.. what format is it in ?

Flash player 8

If you cant see the video, you also can't see half of this page (the logo+title strip at the top + the "latest post" strip below it)

can you see those?

Get flash player 8 at www.adobe.com (although you *should* see a yellow box with a warning message linking to the player, at the very top)

PhobikONE said:
I honestly can't wait. How about other member adding videos? Is this okay too?

Not "officially" at the moment, but sure you can post a thread with a link to a video you made (youtube or soemthing like that)

Eventually I will create a Tutorials forum where tutorials are "approved" before showing up on the page - ensuring quality.

Anyone on FP will be able to create a written or video tutorial, upload it to the FP server, and I will go through each approving them to show up on the list.

I am trying to stay away from the whole "beatmaking video" thing ... which 99% of the time does not explain / teach, but is mainly a live session (interesting too, but not a tutorial!). Not approving/checking uploaded videos would result in 99% of beatmaking demos instead of "and to do this, you press this button..." tutorials ;)

Last edited:
mano 1 said:
Not "officially" at the moment, but sure you can post a thread with a link to a video you made (youtube or soemthing like that)

Eventually I will create a Tutorials forum where tutorials are "approved" before showing up on the page - ensuring quality.

Anyone on FP will be able to create a written or video tutorial, upload it to the FP server, and I will go through each approving them to show up on the list.

I am trying to stay away from the whole "beatmaking video" thing ... which 99% of the time does not explain / teach, but is mainly a live session (interesting too, but not a tutorial!). Not approving/checking uploaded videos would result in 99% of beatmaking demos instead of "and to do this, you press this button..." tutorials ;)

:cheers: I'll drink to that, I'm not a fan of "how to make a Just Blaze beat" videos, I mean its cool to see, but its far from instructive.

I want to do a chopping tutorial, setting regions, something really good... I'm going to get my buddy to film it for me, since I don't have a vid cam... I think this will help this site tremendously, being able to show someone instead of repeating the same questions and answered in like 200 posts.

Philharmonik sh*t

Well, vids are more handy than words however, they cause heavy bandwidth consumption. To get back to the point, I think its wasting your gear and time by such stuff :) I need to see uplifting trance making on-the-fly! :angel:

[ADMIN EDIT: no need to be rude here]

Last edited:
Hey thanks very much for the review! I myself just recently picked this program up and I must also say, it is unreal. I love the sounds and easy interface. I use it for all sorts of things. Pop tracks hiphop and also just movie sound scape music. If you want to hear a track using just Philharmoniks and I think 1 other synth. give a listen to "The Electric Symphony" @ javascript:Player('../player/single_player.cfm?songid=3239734&q=hi'); or just goto www.soundclick.com/maxwellproductions and it will be the top track, also a lot of my movie soundtrack stuff is using this wonderful VST. Thanks again!
-Maxwell

maxwell: very nice work, thank you for posting the link. I fixed a typo in the link so it works.

This makes me want to shoot a little video and write a score for it :)

I know they are much more $$$ but how does this compare to the East/West Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choir Kontakt based packages. One thing I like about the east/west choir is that you can type in words (phoenetically) for the choir to sing and it's VERY convincing. Can this do that as well?

(mano on smartie''s computer)

Good question. I don't thin you can type something that is not listed (and generate a new word dynamically), but there are 100 different choir variations / patches. I posted the direct link to those somewhere on this thread (someone else asked).

Last edited:
KomplexBeats
Grindin 24/7 Join Date: Apr 2003

this is tight tahnks for the video. can you take off the preset ambience to make the sounds very dry? I like using dry instruments and then building my own reverb for them. Also are there any orchestra hit patches much like how they have a full strings patch? I love big orchestra hits and epic sounds I normally just make them myself with a bunch of layers. But its nice to just load a patch and play away...

Yes you can rock your strings dry, you can take off the effects etc. I rock them dry and then add a little reverb and man it's on and poppin. Man and you can stack sounds on top of each other to get a feel that you want almost like sound design it's crazy. You can put a timpani in the beginning of a string start and everytime you hit a key the timpani will hit and the string keeps going . It's so easy to use. Like me I have Protools 7.1 which I can bring up a simple instrument track and grab the Philharmonik open up load the sounds I want and bam it's up and running, no hassle. it's 20 Bit DSP effects make it sound crazy, the polyphony is 256, that's NUTS!!! My Triton is only 128 and so is my Roland 3080 and they sound hot imagine how this sounds at 256 polyphony. Man I can sample this through to the MPC and it will probably loss polyphony bits and come around to 250 and lose about 1 bit from 16, but it will still sound amazing try that with 128 that's why I don't sample into the mpc anymore I play digiatally into Protools then bounce it to track on a zip then bring it up in the MPC haaaa haaaa, it sounds just like how it suppose to sound like the original and it's hot.

EasTwest I find to expensive, they are good but why buy that when you can get this for cheaper and still have great sound with no worries?

Last edited:
yo mano i got a question. where do u get all this money to buy all these software and keyboards that you review? because most of these are REALLY expensive.

Back