Interview: FP's History

damn... that was a crazy misconception...

here i thought mano was a crazy ass latino...

anyways, big ups, im happy FP, alond with mano, is getting some hype.

the site is amazing.

Thank you thank you!!!

I've updated the front-page of FP to show the video from Youtube instead... I think more people will be able to see it (less Quicktime & browser issues).

:victory:

J-Click said:
BIG UPSSS MANO1!!!!! FP MAKIN MOVES too!! JUST LIKE CRACK CITY>
Chea :) . . . FP is def. getting shouted out on the next mixtape for everyone to check out !

rapmaster_e said:

follow the link to the "10" website, you can download it in .wmv format.

Haha.. I knew someone would say that. The link to the WMV file is dead!

mano 1 said:
Thank you thank you!!!

I've updated the front-page of FP to show the video from Youtube instead... I think more people will be able to see it (less Quicktime & browser issues).

:victory:

OOOH Okay cool.

Yeah, I hate quicktime because it always sets as my default player for online material. Then they have it set up so you have to order "quick time PRO" in order to download the files. With any other player I just right click and select "save target". Quik time is rediculous lol. PAY TO have download FEATURE! pfffff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a chance to watch the interview. Good stuff. But...

you need to visit the studio design/acoustics forum and ask about acousitc treatment.:p Sounds like you have fairly solid walls, you need bass trapping also.:D

j/k

If the music is good and it is done out of enjoyment it might not even be worth it.

sleepy:

believe it or not, I actually spent a couple of years studying acoustics (on my own time, aside from work).

What you see is actually an "almost done" true box-in-a-box soundproof design. It has 2 layers of 5/8" drywall on each side, with the inside decoupled (using "channels") from the studs/framework.

The "box" stands on isolating rubber feets (12" spacing).

The stuff is HARDCORE cool!!! :) ... they could do a show on THAT one day ;)

THE THING IS

I am SO busy (work + being a dad), I never got around to finish the (reflective) floors and treat the room...

Not mentioning the lack of air circulation gear (there's just a "hole" at the moment - works okay).

So time was the issue really... I told the guys when they filmed, but you can't always plan things correctly.

Another bad timing issue was the fact that my mixer (Tascam DM24) is in the repair shop... Hence the tiny backup mixer you see (crappy $50 behringer).

I think I'll try to get the floor and treatment this year... It's a time issue more than anything.

mano 1 said:
sleepy:

believe it or not, I actually spent a couple of years studying acoustics (on my own time, aside from work).

What you see is actually an "almost done" true box-in-a-box soundproof design. It has 2 layers of 5/8" drywall on each side, with the inside decoupled (using "channels") from the studs/framework.

The "box" stands on isolating rubber feets (12" spacing).

The stuff is HARDCORE cool!!! :) ... they could do a show on THAT one day ;)

THE THING IS

I am SO busy (work + being a dad), I never got around to finish the (reflective) floors and treat the room...

Not mentioning the lack of air circulation gear (there's just a "hole" at the moment - works okay).

So time was the issue really... I told the guys when they filmed, but you can't always plan things correctly.

Another bad timing issue was the fact that my mixer (Tascam DM24) is in the repair shop... Hence the tiny backup mixer you see (crappy $50 behringer).

I think I'll try to get the floor and treatment this year... It's a time issue more than anything.

That's pretty good. I remember THM looking into doing the same, and I believe that he did do it actually.

mano 1 said:

we almost Got one for our studio but we got the O2r96 instead. i really liked the dm24 tho. how'd you break it?

I like it but apparently a lot of them end up in repair... I do recommend it, it's nice though. Lots of I/O.

What I dont like about the 02R96 is the small size... almost too small for me.

I actually don't like digital mixers very much interaction-wise (UI) ... I like how simpler/analog mixers have EQ knobs on each channel over the faders... Quick reach + tweaks

I miss that.

hey mano

i haven't been around much lately, but logging on and seeing that interview was really great. this place has really grown since i first came around, and its awesome to see FP getting some recognition.

keep up the GREAT work mano.

:cheers:

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

my fav part is 'can u take sugar outta a soda? no!...well..maybe a cemist can"

BUWAHAHAHA
that was awsome lol

wicked interview evolver is OMG just man....makes me wanna mess with hardware again lol.

nice to see FP growing bigger and bigger.

congrats on the spot homie!... good to see ya up there.
it should be nice to see how much of a new user boost that gives the site huh?

big up mano!

open a reggaeton room PLS!!! The reggaeton heads are killing the dancehall/reggae forum, give them their own room. it's not the same music

Hey congratz, Mano !! I only saw the clip now (sorry) but it's great & imho your explanations are excellent (e.g. it's pretty obvious that we know what an oscillator is, or polyphonic synths, but I bet that interviewing girls have never heard of it - so you explain it well and in a "simple/more human" way).
Again: great performance pal !! :victory:

Back