Interview: FP's History

Great interview, Great story, and look at the history you are making.
I've only been here 2 days and have gone thru endless posts of awesome material.
Your members are solid, your video's rock, and I can't wait to get through more of them.

good clip, i thought that this was the site i was first shown back before i got into producing with seeing the '' green theme ''. with me not using the site back then and only coming back when i had hardware/software to use.

Is there still the green theme to pick as a skin choice at all? i've checked the profile settings but been unable to find anything.

Hey there Redrum

Sorry for the late reply.
Ahh yes it's been YEARS since that design... No it's not on FP anymore... funny thing is, like everything, many liked and many people disliked that look ;) ... I thought it was good too.

Anyway - good to see you here!

Take care

Mano nice interview, I wish you could take the portion of you saying you created FP so people could help each other and not get flamed and put it on continous loop on the homepage.

DisoBAYish said:
Mano nice interview, I wish you could take the portion of you saying you created FP so people could help each other and not get flamed and put it on continous loop on the homepage.

AHAH! :) yes I know...

Great Interview. I learned alot from here back in the days but never felt like i had to register. Now i feel awful for not being part of this when i first stumbled upon this site.

I am definitly feeling you on the "why FP". It's really annoying when you google for help, find a forum that matches, ask away (after searching for a more precise thread which turns out blank) and all they reply is: "go google" or "RTFM"... i mean, whats the point in running a forum if you direct people away from it. Some forums need to get their head straight.

Anyway, what i wanted to let you know is: Thanks for doing all this!
Peace:cheers:

Here is some irony.

Mano says that when he went to websites before he created FP, they were "elitists." And he wanted to create a site where that type of atmosphere didn't exist.

I've been here for about 5 months. It does exist. I like the site, and it's not everybody, but that elitist culture exists here. It can't be denied, and if you say it doesn't, then you are probably one of those people.

Mano, for the most part the site is great. I have learned a lot here, but you have some elitists.

And when you are reading a typed statement, elitism sounds like a**holism.

P.S. I watched a bang of tutorials when I first started so I always new Mano was Euro.

Last edited:
Well my friend, I need your help then

when you see elitism or someone posting something rude

click on the red REPORT button on the post

This way, mods and myself will ACTUALLY KNOW that this was posted and will check it out / take action

FP = +2000 new posts per DAY (!!!) ... we NEED your help for this to work. We can't know about every occurence without that.

FP = +8 years of hard work

thanks guys

`Thanks for creating this site Mano. Its really helped me as well as im sure its helped many others on FP. Keep up the good work giving us the info and tutorials. I haven't posted in a while but i'm back active on the forum. Peace!!!

I'm really impressed, I had no idea this giant community was started singlehanded. And for such a noble-no how about simply such a reasonable reason too! Much respect. And thank you! I feel lucky to be a part of something so positive!

Great interview! I remember back in 2008 when I started a thread about UEFA European Football Championship people started bashing like "this is American forum, how dare you to talk about football, an european sport" and now it turns out Mano is European as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he is football fan as well :)

Back