Basics of Setting Up a Mixer and Audio Recording / Tracking

Oh wow, I didnt notice that. Boy do i feel like an idiot.

Well anyways can i still ask another question related to a mixer here?

I have a Tascam 2488MKII. It's a multi track recorder. Does this info apply to it as well.
I'm having trouble getting it to "hear" my computer on the digital out. (It's the only out the sound card has that works). It works fine on my stereo and MPC. (the digital signal).
This video reminded me of that problem, I've been trying to work around it. Advice?
Thanks
Great vid and great site.

I have a Tascam 2488MKII. It's a multi track recorder. Does this info apply to it as well.
I'm having trouble getting it to "hear" my computer on the digital out. (It's the only out the sound card has that works). It works fine on my stereo and MPC. (the digital signal).
This video reminded me of that problem, I've been trying to work around it. Advice?
Thanks
Great vid and great site.
why bother with the digital i/o? Just go straight usb or straight from the stereo outs. seems like less of a hassle to me. stereo outs into computers stereo input monitor from the computer soundcard

I'm tryin not to be an idiot but I might come across that way.
It doesn't communicate via usb for monitoring. It transfers information via usb. For whatever reason it has a hardrive and a fat 32 partion. All transfers go to the fat 32 then the hard drive. SLOW.
Problem...
I have a couple programs that are emulators (game boy) that don't record sound, they just produce it. My sound card is crap. Some creative labs POS. It only seems to work on the digital out.
People will repsond by saying just buy a better soundcard. Well eventually yeah I will but in the meantime, can I work with what I've got. Am I overlooking something?

hi i have a a problem with trying to connect Rolland M24e mixer to cubase! im running an akai s series sampler through the mixer to record into cubase. Im pretty sure everything is connected ok, am getting a signal to cubase and everything and can record. so far so good.

When im playing the synth into cubase, the chanel strip on the mixer is maxed out at 10, which is really loud in my monitors so i have to turn the master output down on the mixer. if i turn any other output down ie, the output on the sampler or the channel strip, it records in cubase very quiet, too quiet. so turning the master output down is the only way. However now when i play back cubase on its own its too quiet because ive turned the master out down. so i turn it up. but now when i try to play both together live, the sampler is too loud for overall volume of cubase!

what am i doing wong?? Any idea??

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

hi i have a a problem with trying to connect Rolland M24e mixer to cubase! im running an akai s series sampler through the mixer to record into cubase. Im pretty sure everything is connected ok, am getting a signal to cubase and everything and can record. so far so good.

When im playing the synth into cubase, the chanel strip on the mixer is maxed out at 10, which is really loud in my monitors so i have to turn the master output down on the mixer. if i turn any other output down ie, the output on the sampler or the channel strip, it records in cubase very quiet, too quiet. so turning the master output down is the only way. However now when i play back cubase on its own its too quiet because ive turned the master out down. so i turn it up. but now when i try to play both together live, the sampler is too loud for overall volume of cubase!

what am i doing wong?? Any idea??

Hi
I'm using a Behringer UB1622FX Pro and had trouble with feedback loops. Someone suggested hooking it up like this;
Sub-outs to Sound card in.
Sound card outs to a stereo channel in the desk.
Main outs to powered speakers

Problem is the headphone output, which goes to a separate amp doesn't work so I now can't record vocals. I know I'm probably missing something a bit obvious but my brain is going "Duh" at the moment. Any ideas would be very appreciated!

Back