Simple tutorials for beginners or pros: Free videos to start, Contest?

cosmicgirlee99

It's been a while since I posted, but it's the holidays, and I wanted to share these two sites for the novices who need to learn music theory (and can't really afford to go to school or pay $300 for an online course), and great beat-making tips for musicians who already know a little bit, but want to make their music sound better. I used to hold contests on here all the time for people who needed gear. But it might be time to help out people who actually need instruction too. Let me know what you think about these two sites, and I will hold a contest for one or both of them, given the feedback:

Here's a link to www.MusicSchoolOnline.com, they have a free video tutorial section and free resources for children and adults who want to learn how to play a specific instrument or sing (music theory, chord books, sheet music, etc). Netflix -style learning subscription model, too (tops out at $19.99 per month for all access)

Here's a link to www.AudioSchoolOnline.com, this site is for the more seasoned producer, but has a pay-per-view style so you can cherry pick what you need. This is the link to the free video learning section, with tutorials on how to properly vocal chain, EQ, distort, etc.

Both music creation/learning websites were created by top producer, songwriter and engineer, Ken Lewis. If you don't know who he is, just type in Ken Lewis into Google along with the word, music production and see what happens.

So, if you want me to run a contest for a free 3-month subscription to MusicSchoolOnline or a 50% off promo code to watch a lesson or two on AudioSchoolOnline , let me know which one (name titles too)... and why?

Back