Should I start making beat making videos?

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
If I started making beat making videos, would anybody watch them? My beats are pretty good, but still improving. What do you guys think. Should I give it shot and try to explain some more advanced techniques for production? I use FL studio, but there are so many elements to music production. I can talk about music theory, production, and even equipment set up, etc.

Idk, I'm just looking for something to monetize and gain more exposure.

do it. there won't be any loss if you decide to move forward.
alot of what you would explain in your DAW of choice could be transferred over to any other with a little thought. theyre all pretty much the same, after all.
you probably have some ideas and techniques that other people don't and you can grow with the people that watch and subscribe.

The only people who want to watch someone bake a cake are people who don't know how to bake a cake and want to.

Is exposure to inexperienced beat makers going to be worth the time you put into editing and recording? Will the monitization money from the limited base be worth the time? Do you enjoy teaching people and just want to do it anyway? Do you have valuable information other people haven't shared? Does your personality make you fun to watch regardless of what you're doing?

My advice: do it if you'll enjoy it and have some good shit to share and do it well, don't expect good exposure or any money. Teaching should be a selfless thing.

Only if you find teaching enjoyable then do so but the reality is it's a deluge of tutorials being uploaded regardless of skill level.

ya, im not sure...I'd much rather just continue making music. But I feel like I can help a lot of new producers starting out. When I was learning, there weren't any direct lessons for the most important things in productions. And these people really don't teach creativity. They only teach the technical stuff, ...which an artist will turn off because an artist wants to learn about the creativity.

I uploaded like a 2 1/2 hour of me straight composing start to finish a while back and people dug it. People watch anything man.

Do the views just come in or do you have to promote the video? haha, I can give it a shot. Thanks!

Back