Sampling Technique in Reason

Sirflex10

This is an oldie but it may be helpful for those new to sampling with recycle & reason.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/GlemkJtFHPU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/GlemkJtFHPU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I didn't create a beat but I wanted to illustrate the method of sampling, there are thousands of techniques that you can use this is just one...please contribute and upload your own vids showing your sampling techniques/tips.

man thx :)
this helps me a lot
i never tried to do that with nn-xt, i used dr rex loop player
btw. i hate your orange background :)

What a wack video.The person did nothing really.
Why even use Recycle for that .To just grab a loop.
How dumb is that

A person new to sampling can actually learn other techniques through this video.... ^^ It's negativity like that that makes me want to slap the sh*t out of people("breal"), at one point I didn't know how to chop using recycle... I thought the vid would be helpful, why don't you give better advice or add some input that would be helpful to others rather than call my vid "wack"..it's annoying for people to say bold stuff while hiding behind their computer..

Last edited:
Dope video man. I'm gonna try a few things with what I've learned. Had me crackin up though at the beginning with the singing. I was tryin to pour my brew and almost spilled that **** laughin.

Don't listen to breal. I found this video hekpful. I finally found a way to chop up samples easily. Hell, I didn't even know about Recycle until I watched this video. Thanks Flex.

Watched this video awhile ago, don't remember if it goes over polyphony. Quick tip for you cats out there trying to get an MPC type feel; if you click down the NNXT so that it shows you all of the crazy parameters associated with the sample you can change the polophony towards the top left of the NNXT. I think by default it is set to 8, if you set it to 1 and trigger samples the proceeding sample triggered will always cut off the one before. Does a good job of giving it that MPC feel and keeps it clean.

Back