quick question.

Freddy2blunts

When i listen to my old beats on a smartphone (htc one x) the music "ducks" down in volume whenever the bass is hitting. When the bass isn't hitting the volume goes back to normal. You can imagine how annoying it gets if the music's a little fast and what not.

Anyway i do not hear a problem when i listen to the same music through sudio monitors, monitor headphones, or apple headphones.. its only the naked speaker on the phone i hear the problem with.

so the question is how would i go about fixing this without changing the way the beat sounds as it is? compression would be the answer correct?

You need to re eq everything and separate the bass and where its eq'd from anything else like your synths etc so that when it hits it only hits in the frequency specified. So that theres no way it can overpower the synths or anything because they are confined to separate frequencies. I think that's right.

You need to re eq everything and separate the bass and where its eq'd from anything else like your synths etc so that when it hits it only hits in the frequency specified. So that theres no way it can overpower the synths or anything because they are confined to separate frequencies. I think that's right.
makes sence, ill try it out!

Back