Question for producers (any level)

WillDarling

Will Darling @EDMtips.com
Hey guys and gals,

I know this is a random question, but if there was one thing you’d want to learn about making electronic music (if any), what would it be (e.g. the basics of Ableton / how to mix a song / how to master / how a starter can put together a pro-sounding track from start to finish)?

I’m asking ‘cos I’m thinking of putting together an online video course and wondering what would be useful.

Thanks!
Will :)

There is so much information out there now, WD, that I think a good approach would be to take some of _your_ personal tricks and tips (things that you've discovered that may not be common knowledge) and do some tutorials. Just doing the basics has been hacked at from 100 different angles. But if you've got some fresh approaches, or specific tricks, shortcuts, etc., especially if they are "program-centric" such as Ableton, you can probably cue into an audience...

GJ

I've learned to experiment myself and I haven't really gotten so into it but so far, the videos of sampling ive seen do not really explain how they do it or the whole concept of sampling, so i had to experiment on my own and by watching people do it live. :cheers:

tough question.......I started roughly 4 years ago with know knowledge of anything musical or DAW related. if you asked me about 4 years ago I would say anything and everything would help. now, with experience, im usually looking for sound design, theory, and quicker tips within my daw for what I want my result to be...

melodies with chords is also a good one,.....still having trouble with this productions in my tunes,,

The manual for each daw is like thousands of youtube videos rolled into a pdf executable.
But music theory is a different story that is something else entirely and should be YouTube if you plan on using an instrument or reading sheet music.

Last edited:
Back