Product Review: Audio Technica ATH-M50 Monitor Headphones

GinandChronic

I was impressed with the Audio Technica ATH-M50’s right out of the box. These headphones are surprisingly lightweight (just 10 oz.!) and comfortable for how powerful and loud they can be. The coiled cable is durable with a heavy duty gold plated tip and adapter, and allows for a lot of flexibility and movement in the studio.

The Audio Technica M-50 Monitor Headphones are a full range set of noise-cancelling studio headphones made for producing beats, DJ’ing, and live performance. These headphones are a prime choice for anyone making hip hop beats or EDM and also great for drummers and rappers because of their excellent noise-cancelling ability. Audio Technica is known for putting out excellent products without the exorbitant price tag, and at a suggested retail price of $169.99 these headphones make an excellent pick for both entry level musicians and professionals alike.

At first I wasn’t a huge fan of how these headphones collapse down, but once I got used to how they move it became very quick and easy to fold them up and store them away in small places while not in use. With this minor initial drawback aside, I have had virtually no problems with the M-50’s in over three years of constant use, and at such a low price it’s pretty hard to pass these up when you are building a studio on a limited budget or just getting into music.
Check these amazing headphones out on Amazon.com right now for only $136.00 by clicking the link below!

» Click Me! «

Last edited:
i also own a pair, and they are pretty amazing. although i have nothing else to compare them to in direct studio quality, im loving them and never plan to try another brand. Ive seen them go on sale for as low as 90$. I paid 125$ for them and worth every cent.

Back