Original Gun Sounds in Trap [Mid-level Tutorial]

Nexosaur

Multi-Genre Maker
Nature Wav Mp3 Sound Effects - Download

The sample I will be modifying can be found here. If you want to use a different sample (wood cracking sample), feel free. I used Ableton Live, and as far as I know, there is no substitute for the FX Erosion, which I used on this sample.

(THIS EQ IS ONLY IF YOU DECIDE TO USE A DIFFERENT SAMPLE) First, put on an EQ. Cut all the highs above 10kHz, and leave just a tiny bit right below 10k. Boost all the mids from ~700Hz to ~2kHz so that they are 6db higher than everything below 700Hz. Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 8.11.10 PM.png

This EQ was made with the sample, so the highs boost was something I did to see if could get any out the sample; I could not. Don't do this with another sample.

When you finish EQ'ing, the spectrum should look like it does in the picture.

EROSION

This one is fairly simple. Keep the noise set to sine, make the freq 5.35kHz, and set the amount to 74.4

GLUE COMPRESSOR

Completely arbitrary. Adds nothing necessary to the sound overall aside from a reverb-like quality. Use any compressor you want, set it up however you like.

FINAL PRODUCT

View attachment Gunclick.mp3

Taken from this project: Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 8.19.16 PM.pngA neuro hop I'm working on.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to say to pitch the sample down 2 octaves. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Back