Next addition to my home studio?

Laavish

I have recently started making my own home studio, and I'm not very far. I have a Blue Spark mic, M-Audio Fast Track Pro, I'm getting my Audio Technica m50 headphones this Saturday, and of course I have my laptop and cheap speakers.

Now I'm an artist (rap/hip-hop) and I also want to teach myself over time how to mix and even master my own work. I also would love to make my own beats down the line, but I really want to get familiar with mixing FIRST.

I use Ableton Live.

My question is this:

What should my next addition be?

I was thinking about getting some nice studio speakers for optimal playback while mixing, but I also want this community's suggestions. Another idea I had was getting a midi keyboard for my future beat-making. Like I said though, I really want to learn to mix WELL before all of that. So I'm sure the keyboard can wait.

Thanks to everyone with any advice, I appreciate your time.

optimal speakers are nice but if you know your speakers really well then that can make a gigantic difference.If you don't plan on making beats for a while then hold off on the keyboard. But if you think you're going to make beats a lot in the future it's probably better to get the keyboard and start learning your chops on it since that will be a lot harder to become competent at than mixing.

Back