New Site - New Services

rofilm

It was a mammoth task! Building acomplete new website for working with sound:
http://www.rofilm-media.net

NEWWEB.jpg
I had to learn a lot about HTML, PHP,CSS, graphic software (Krita, Gimp and Blender), I had to think aboutlayout and – of course – a lot of content etc. But after only 5weeks (of working nearly all day and most of the nights) it´sfinished! Puhhhh!
Members´ Area, News Service,Newsletter, DIY Corner, New Look ….
What is it all about and how does ithelp you?

Those of you, who visited my oldwebsite from time to time will agree with me: everything has changed.
I should say some words about the“Why?” and the “What (is really new)?” therefore.

First
The spectrum of my activities on thefield of sound, sound design and music has grown very fast and so hasthe intensity of my work during the last three years. The oldwebsite´s structure wasn´t able to house all the new aspects andservices and topics in an adequate way. The site lost its structure,it got confusing.

Second
The steadily increasing number offriends, fans and followers I was able to gratefully welcome all overthe social media and channels during the last three years makes itinevitable to have a kind of central instrument of communication. Theold website wasn´t a suitable instrument to perform this task.

Third
The old website, well, it simply gotugly over the time.

Fourth
I needed a home for new services andnew fields of working with sound

Fifth
What new services then?
Well, there is the NEWS SERVICE, whereI publish up-to-date information about my upcoming activities,publications and productions.
And if you are a member of this site,you can publish the same about you, your activities, yourpublications and your productions.
And even music companies (instruments,VSTs, DAWs, services etc.) can use my news service to deliver somereal informative messages to a small but growing and dedicatedaudience.
Then there is the NEWSLETTER SERVICE.Well, no further explanation necessary.
The MEMBERS´ AREA offers benefits likeone-year licenses, material and resources supplementing mytutorials/video etc. Please visit the MEMBERS´ AREA page to learnmore about it.
The “deep-sound divers´ coffeehouse”has developped from a simple forum to a full grown “department”of this site, meant for those of you, who really want to dive deepinto the matter of working with sound.
And those, who like looking beyondtheir own nose will love the section called “CROSSING BORDERS”
And a last thing to mention (“last”?- well, at least for today): all sources are sorted by topic. i.e.“modular synthesis”, as well as by instrument, i.e. “Softube´sModular”.
A lot more topics and services are tocome.
A very last aspect then:
You can tell me now what topic/matteryou would like me to produce a tutorial/video about.

Enjoy my new website! Enjoy your day!
Rolf

Back