My Rocksmith Journey

C Royal

Fruity Loops Supporter

I've dabbled with guitar for a little bit over the years, but never have had any lessons or gotten too serious with it, learning some chords and scales. RockSmith has been pretty awesome so far. I won't go as far as to say it replaces a teacher, but I can see how it could be a good learning tool. I've had it now for a couple of weeks and can already some some improvements in my playing, but I know I have a very very long way to go! I'm definitely excited to see how I can incorporate the new skills I learn into music that I make in the future.

Anyone else have Rocksmith? Would be interested to see how everyone else uses it. I usually have a 10 minute jam session to warm up, do lesson or guitarcade for about 25 minutes and finally I'll try my hand at learning songs. Weekends try to double/triple the amount.

That's cool. I've thought about using this type of stuff. I took a guitar class for a semester as was able to use what I learned in a few tracks in a way that turned out surprisingly good albeit very simple. Glad that you're getting use out of it. It being a game probably makes it easier (or for me it would at least) as my motivation to get a good score and kick the game's ass would be just as high as wanting to improve my guitar playing.

Thanks for the idea Royal. I found one for piano, pretty interesting learning, and fun. The one I found has probably been out there for a while. Maybe most of you guys know about it. If not, get at me on PM!

I have RS2K14. I had the original too, but couldn't quite figure out the link between playing a song and composing something. I enjoy session mode and am trying to at least learn chords and scales. The mini games on this one are great! The only thing is that the game can't tell my bad habits so I'm probably learning all the fundamentals wrong.

https://soundcloud.com/scottie_royal/royal-headcase-track-1

Guitar driven beat off a project I'm working on. I have to say, I really like Rocksmith, I can certainly see improvements in my playing. Will I be a guitar master in 60 days? No way, but it'll definitely help me get there someday I think.

By the way, in the 2014 edition there actually is a small lesson on jazz chords, if you want to call it a lesson. Essentially it's just a practice track, with a bunch of different jazz chords.

Back