The most important thread most producers will ever read...

Chartburst

chartburst.com
This thread has so many gems of information that it has to be spread (not sure if it's already been posted on here).

It's about 60 pages long but is seriously worth reading the entire thing (pick out every post by macc and memorize his wisdom!)

It's the basics but soo many people get it wrong from the off...

GAIN STRUCTURE MASTERCLASS

I recognised laurend in the marathon post fest (59 pages) over there at dubstep dot com.

I also note that the first post I saw of his (on page 59) was the most potent post in the few posts I actually bothered to read:

"Until the db unit is specified as Root-Mean-Square or Full-Scale all prior posts were pointless" (this is an English corrected paraphrase)

This was not really a Masterclass, as there was little direction/response being given by a Master of the art and science of gain structure, and so many inane and really naive questions being asked.

There are better explanations of Gain structure, including one here at fp, that do not go on endlessly as new members ask the same basic questions over and over and over again.

A waste of a thread really.

I agree there are plenty of stupid questions polluting the discussion but macc (of sc mastering) has made some excellent posts in it.

Back