Mixing Hip Hop Vocals(A deRaNged Tutorial)

About rolex gold watch replicas

About watch replica piaget watch replicas romain jerome or watch replicas rates or best replica watch forum or watch replicas ebay. watch replicas best or best watch replica websites - watch replica hong kong or swiss officine panerai replica watch and also watch replicas luxury or watch replica diamond or light yagami watch replica or watch replica longines. Find watch replica reviews sites or watch replica movado or watch replica diamond or watch replica united kingdom. The watch replicas for less or watch replica best: Thanks! Visit 4dc(dot)org

About watch replica a lange sohne

About swiss officine panerai replica watch watch replica ferrari or watch replica hermes or watch replicas franck muller or grade 1 replica watch. watchreplica.org phone number or watch replica nixon - watch replicas bags or watch replica exact and also watch replicas emporio armani or watch replica 99 or best watch replica websites or womens replica breitling watch. Find watch replicas 4u or watch replicas porsche or watch replicas welder or watch replica aaa. The high quality replica watch manufacturers or watch replica swiss rolex: Thanks! Visit 4dc(dot)org

This is an amazing thread! Could someone go into more detail about the -12db standard for all tracks. It seems that would be too quiet.

I record over one stereo track beat (haven't gotten into tracking the whole project out in one DAW yet) and a lot of the time these beats come to me already pushing close to 0dbs. I normally drop them down to about -3dbs by normalizing. Then keep my vocals between -3 or -6. Sometimes I notice the output still goes in the red even though the vocals aren't loud in relation to the beat. I'm really trying to grasp a good concept on balancing sounds. I understand basics on compression and eq on vocals, but I guess I skipped the lesson on fader treatment. The source of my problem is sometimes a bad mix on the beat, the wav file appears and sounds overly compressed. I don't know how to get around this.

For example. I'm working with one song and the beat is really compressed, I messed around with eq to get it sounding a little better, but it crowds out the vocals no matter what. I have it at -3db right now and there is almost no dynamics (i'm guessing thats the correct term) throughout the track (its mostly all one level through the entire track). When I boost my vocals to finally stand out, it goes in the red.

But even for good mixed beats, a better understanding of volume would help me a lot. So a more in depth explanation of this -12db thing would be great. Sorry for rambling, I'm bad at summarizing my thoughts.

EDIT: maybe i'm confused about my understanding of rms.

EDIT: Ok so I kinda figured out the reasoning. Its to make more headroom for the final master correct? I'm gonna work on the problematic song and see if I can fix it.

Last edited:
is there a place where i can learn what all the mixing and mastering tools do. Like I want to know how compresses, limiters, etc.

Back