How To Rewire Reason & Ableton into Pro Tools

nice bro, I always have problems producing with pro tools though, I find it sorta sluggish, great for mixing and recording for me though, how much ram are you running to make this all work though?

I have 4gb of Ram, in a fairly old box that I've upgraded a few times. I'm still on xp so not to sure how it handles on vista/w7 (vista blue screen crashed on me when I first got it in, then went back to xp).

I don't get sluggishness just a few h/w buffer errors when I have a whole lot of plug-ins running, I try to bus as many duplicate plugs as I can or render effects into stereo tracks.

yeah bussing all effects really helps also when I'm recording in PT. i'm also still on XP with 4gb, I've heard negative things about 64bit devices honestly trying to go with a mac though...

I had a power book a while ago, was a nice machine until it's graphics chip ruined the main-board somehow, haven't bought a mac since.

Hey, I did forget to mention that you need to open pro tools first. Don't open both programs and then rewire. Only PT should be open - once you add the reason plugin to the auxillary track reason will open and become the slave.

Back