How To Make Reversed Reverbed Vocal Effect?

Kelevra

ok i wanna know how to make that reversed reverb sounding vocal effect.im pretty sure its a name for it but i dont know.its the same one used in i dont like good music remix right at the beginning of pusha t's verse.id appreciate if someone could help me create this effect.

didn't answer this back then but no matter your daw the following is true

record your vocal forwards (obviously)
reverse that audio track (after making a duplicate for safety reasons (it will become apparent why shortly)
now apply the reverb and render the result - maybe even just track out the reverb signal as a separate track (another great reason to use send fx)
now import the rendered track you just made and reverse the audio

playback the vocals forward and hear the reverse reverb

obviously you will need to do things like adjust the the mix level and tone of the reverb

task achieved

If you have a reverb that can mute the input and only play the reverb, try that. That should give you better mixing options purely for the reverb. I've never tried that but for some reason it just now dawned on me that it might be a more useful approach.

by mute the input do you mean not give it an input signal or something more like it removes the input signal from the output? - i.e. it only provides the impact of the reverb impulse on the inut without the input itself?

by mute the input do you mean not give it an input signal or something more like it removes the input signal from the output? - i.e. it only provides the impact of the reverb impulse on the inut without the input itself?

I believe that. The plug-in process the input but mutes it so you only hear the reverb. Essentially what a send does. If you only had the reverbed part, you could process it independent of the actual sound itself, which might allow for some interesting stuff to be done.

oh, you mean 100% wet only - that is a given, I would have thought, but yeah, need to be explicit if giving a list of things to do

Back