How To Make A Dr. Dre G-Funk Beat (Video)

thermionic304

Hey guys. Thought this could help out some newcomers to the production game. I don't go in-depth with techniques, but I show you all the settings and individual tracks used, as well as let you hear them.

Be sure to watch in 1080p and full screen to see all my settings!

I like the synth

Thanks, appreciate it. It's just a simple melody I played on the Korg Nano Key. Nexus was used for the sound. I'd definitely check out their product. Unbelievable value for what you pay.

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-29-2012 at 05:01 PM ----------

Bumping this up, for any newbies.

---------- Post added 08-04-2012 at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-12-2012 at 05:12 PM ----------

Thanks, appreciate it. It's just a simple melody I played on the Korg Nano Key. Nexus was used for the sound. I'd definitely check out their product. Unbelievable value for what you pay.

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-29-2012 at 05:01 PM ----------

Bumping this up, for any newbies.

^^^Up^^^

Cool video.

But this isn't even close to G funk.
You need samples for G funk...

This is just a west coast beat if you want to call it that.

Cool video.

But this isn't even close to G funk.
You need samples for G funk...

This is just a west coast beat if you want to call it that.

I see what you're saying, but according to the official definition...

"Music theorist Adam Krims has described G-funk as "a style of generally West Coast rap whose musical tracks tend to deploy live instrumentation, heavy on bass and keyboards, with minimal (sometimes no) sampling and often highly conventional harmonic progressions and harmonies".

Either way, I'm not trying to split hairs. Just trying to help out newbies.

---------- Post added 08-11-2012 at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-05-2012 at 06:02 AM ----------

^^^Up for Logic newbies^^^

not really a dr. dre type beat but it has westcoast elements. mean that your drums are to fast for a westcoast beat but the synth are on point nice beat tho

i dont think nexus is a suitable vst for g funk i think you should of used omnisphere or hypersonic 2 nexus doesnt have the instruments for it except maybe strings

Back