How to get better CPU performance in FL Studio (10 steps)

firewalk

I've seen a lot of people struggling with CPU issues in FL Studio. It's annoying when the sound starts crackling and you're unable to keep working.
This is especially problematic when working on lower spec laptops and such.

Here's a tutorial showing all the ways you can maximize performance in FL Studio. 10 simple steps that will ensure that you get the most out of your system. No more CPU lag! :)

I have included the "CPU Core Parking Manager" for free. Download link in the description. This will disable core parking and make your CPU run at full speed all the time.

update to the new FL Studio.

I got a laptop from 2008 and FL Studio 12 is working just fine.

I think if you can design you sounds good enough, you won't need that much cpu. And I prefer hardware gear for sound. They are designed to sound good. My laptop is just a midi base and a wave player. Most effects I get from Sonar and just bounce it.

Most people will probably be fine. But remember that many new users don't know how to set all of this up. I see this question asked all the time, as many are having problems. Usually it's simple to fix.
Often it's just the driver. Many use the primary sound driver, and not an ASIO driver. I've seen experienced users too which didn't know that the way they set up their mixer directly impacts cpu performance. :)

Back