Hip Hop Prod. 101 - The Bangin' Beat ! Pt. 1

DealaMan said:
there is no formula to making a banging beat...if you feel your **** then that is all that matters...dont concentrate so hard on trying to build capital off your music...if you do then you will always find yourself doing **** you dont like to do...its all about what sounds good to you...it also goes to everything that has to do with production...producing music is more than juz making a dope beat...i have heard people produce banging songs off some of the wackest **** you can find...people in this music industry want to kick all kind of bull**** in your ear about how things have to sound and what the "standard" is...this is what is clouding the minds of beatmakers and young producers today..we seem to be in an era where everything is sounding the same...producing a track is not tactical...you can show someone to operate the machinery...making a track is something you have to teach yourself

listen to you man.... rome is up in here tryin to help others and you gotta come in and make it a point to try and put down what he's sayin...

not cool dude... not cool

I agree, rome is just trying to some usable pointers, thers' no harm in that- i wish more people would take the time to do so ,and stop being so selfish.

I mainly write songs and arrange music I have been mixing for over 7 years now and just like your talent of singing,rapping,and or production.... mixing is an art If you are interested in my services email me or hit me up on AIM my screename is dgmusicgroup for a sample of what I have done mixing wise hit up my signature........ I also offer my vocal services for hooks and or verses everything is via internet and via paypal ....Thanks for your time and keep on striving for greatness people....... it only takes one hit and your in

DealaMan said:
there is no formula to making a banging beat...if you feel your **** then that is all that matters...dont concentrate so hard on trying to build capital off your music...if you do then you will always find yourself doing **** you dont like to do...its all about what sounds good to you...it also goes to everything that has to do with production...producing music is more than juz making a dope beat...i have heard people produce banging songs off some of the wackest **** you can find...people in this music industry want to kick all kind of bull**** in your ear about how things have to sound and what the "standard" is...this is what is clouding the minds of beatmakers and young producers today..we seem to be in an era where everything is sounding the same...producing a track is not tactical...you can show someone to operate the machinery...making a track is something you have to teach yourself

When you sit down in the lab if you dont have a formula then you are wasting time. How can you say there is no formula there most def is you can have the feeling or vibe but you need to know how to express it with the equipment you have.

Big rome is not speaking about what standards there are in the industry as far as the type of music you produce. He is speaking on techniques commonly used in the industry to get from point A to B without wasted time. Everytime you sit down to compose a beat you are normally using the same tools and should put in place an approach to it that doesnt take time away from your creative process. That being said I do not mean you cant go to the extreme right and try things different what I am saying is even when trying things different you need to set up an approach that will make things flow easier.

I believe that is what big rome was trying to convey as well.

Last edited:
Hey rome things have def changed for the new year I am actually defending you can you believe it? LOL

But seriously this was a great post good lookin out bro.

Love the freedom on this forum, and not alot of hating going on. Good stuff Rome. My job blocks us from the MySpace but I'll be checking you out when I get home. One!

Pure Hype Production said:
Hey rome things have def changed for the new year I am actually defending you can you believe it? LOL

But seriously this was a great post good lookin out bro.

No problem man. You're not supposed to hang on to any static that happens in threads. You'll find out that you might agree with the person on some other things.

Plus people really can't show emotion behind text posts, so you don't know if the person is laughing, has a frowned up face or what. Most of the time... the words get misterpreted.

Even if somebody said this post was garbage... I'd probably chalk it up to them having a bad day.... or else they wouldn't post anything... and people that hate for no reason... I ignore them unless I'm in the mood to raz them a little bit (which is normally the case).

Thanks for checking out the post everybody. Like I said... when I started ... there was no FP and nobody wanted to tell you anything... I still don't understand it to this day, lol.

YouTube has a lot of good finds too. You can always borrow techniques because no matter who's techniques you borrow, your music won't sound like the person you borrowed from. Reading a manual is borrowing technique from the people that made the software. Every technique is not a secret... sometimes we just don't know things... and I think everybody new that works with somebody else will probably pick up something beneficial. Even if it's by accident.

good look cuz......even though i undersand the concepts it gave me a better understanding then i had before in result of being put in words

thanks man... thanks a lot. i don´t know if you are the best producer, but you are one of the best teacher. i´m in the beginning of this, but i want to make music... i really want to do it.

Man this was a dam good post Rome! Great tips for a those that are just getting started. This is a great tutorial on teachin peeps how to build a track from the ground up.

Rome gave us a foundation now it's up you to take that foundation and bring your own creativity to build a BANGIN BEAT!

Thanks again Rome!:cheers:

Back